Chapter Fifty One

Chapter Fifty One

*Ashton's P.O.V*

Her hair tickles my nose as we sit cuddled up on her couch watching The Giver. She doesn't realise it but just having her skin touch mine sends my heart into over drive. It makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. And I love that feeling.

When the credits roll around, Milly is lying in my arms, sound asleep. Smiling, I place a kiss on her head before very carefully picking her up and carrying her to her room, where I place her in the bed. As I pull the covers up over her, I hear her sigh in her sleep.

I walk out, turning the light off and closing the door behind me before walking over to the couch and falling face first on it. I lay there for a while before deciding to go and get my things from the rental car that is sitting in Milly's driveway. 

After grabbing my suitcase and a few other things I brought, I grab a notebook, my glasses and Milly's guitar before sitting down my the coffee table, guitar on my lap. I sit there, stumming random chords on the guitar as I try to think. And all of a sudden, a melody pops into my head and I'm lost in the world of music.

"She sleeps, alone. 

My heart wants to come home. 

I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you. 

She lies, awake. 

I'm tryin' find the words to say. 

I wish I was, I wish I was, beside you."

I quickly write those lyrics down before I run to the kitchen and grab Milly's laptop. I open it up and log into Skype, quickly calling up the boys. As I wait for them to answer, I sit back down with the guitar on my lap.

"Ash? What's up my man?" Calum ask when he answers.

"Uhhh, just listen. It'll make more sense," I mumble before I start singing again.

When I finish, I look up and see the boys staring at me, wide eyes before Michael speaks up, "It's her isn't it?"

"What?" I ask, confused.

"She's who you wrote the song about? She's the inspiration isn't she?" he asks quietly.

My eyes quickly widen when I realise what he said, "I guess. I never really thought about that."

"You're whipped man," Luke smirks.

"Hey!" I protest.

"I'm joking, but dude, you obviously like her a lot otherwise you wouldn't have written that song," Luke says.

"I...wow. I never thought of that. I guess I just sat down like thirty minutes ago and just wrote it. I never..." I mutter while shaking my head.

"Mate, that's a good thing. That song's great, it really is. The fans will love it," Calum says with confidence.

"You think?" I ask.

"Yeah I do. And, I think we should debut it when you finally want to admit your feelings towards her."

"Wait...back up the truck there Cal."

"Listen Ash, I think, after a few months, you should sing this song to her onstage and then tell her how you feel. It would be the perfect little gesture and the fans would adore it," Mike says.

"I...uh, no thanks," I whisper.

"Ash, just think about please."

"Fine, I will."

"Good. Anyway, where is Milly?" Luke asks me.

"She's sleeping. And considering she has insomnia, you'd never believe that because of how much she slept last night," I say, still baffled.

"You know, it was probably you," Cal smirks.

"That's what she said Cal."

"Oh."

Que awkward silence.

Enter loud knocking on door.

Okay, I should probably stop thinking like this in my head. Anyway, I quickly stand up before going to the front door and opening it up, only to come face to face with-

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" the guys says angrily.

"Ummmm, I'm Ashton Irwin and I just came here to check up on Milly?" I say more like a question.

"Hmmm."

"And who are you?"

"I'm her brother, Mitch," he says while death staring me.

I gulp quietly before answering, "Oh well, nice to meet you."

"You too. Now, where is my sister?"

"She's asleep actually."

Mitch's eyes get so wide I think they are going to burst out, "She's asleep? What? Did you give her anything?"

"No I swear I would never. I'm really shocked too considering she slept for, like, ten hours last night."

"What! No way?" he shouts, surprised.

"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either to be honest with you."

"Wow," hes says breathlessly.

"Oh, uh would you like to come in?"

"Yes please," he says as I step out of the way.

He walks into the house and straight to the kitchen, me following behind him. I watch as he turns the kettle on before walking to the cupboard  and bringing out a big metal container. 

"Would you like some?" he asks.

"What is it?"

"Coffee and cake."

"Oh, yes please."

"Okay, you'll have to make you're own coffee cause I don't know how you like it."

"Oh that's fine," I say quickly.

I watch as he cuts two pieces of cake and puts them on plates before putting away the container. Then he starts to make his own coffee once the water boils before taking his plate and cup and sitting at the table. I walk over and make my own coffee before joining him.

"So, where do I know your name Ashton Irwin?"

"Oh, uh, I'm in the band 5 Seconds of Summer."

"The band that my sister likes?" he questions, eyes wide.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Wow. So what are you actually doing here?"

"That's the truth, I'm here to check up on her and make sure she's okay," I say.

"Why are you checking up on her though?"

I sit there, wondering whether or not to tell him the reason I'm actually here; to make sure she didn't commit suicide. But the longer I think about it, the more I think it's a bad idea because I can't break her trust like that. I can't tell her brother without her permission.

"I was worried because she said goodbye and I didn't want to lose her."

Chapter Fifty One already? Where has the time gone? Lol

Anyway, thanks for helping me make it to 23K reads guys!

ILYSM!

SWAG ON!

~ TJ xoxoxoxo