Chapter 39

(Y/n)'s POV:

"Where were you? I was worried sick! You didn't even answer my messages." Noriko asked me the next day when we met on our way to the university. "I know that you have been with Tengen two days ago, but yesterday you weren't even online at all. I thought something have happened to you."

My fists clenched at the mention of Tengen's name... Right... She doesn't know the truth yet.

"I'm fine. I just rested... I needed some time alone, because I felt like shit..." She cannot find out that I've been with our professor yesterday. "And don't ever mention his name again... I want to forget it." I spoke in a low tone with anger, hatred and disgust clear in my voice.

When I looked back at her, she had that surprised, clueless look on her face. "What? Why? Did something went wrong when you surprised him?"

I let out a bitter laugh. "The surprise went the other way around. It's an understatement that something went wrong..."

I was filled with disgust yet again, but she couldn't know that I didn't really want to talk about this topic anymore. I am willing to speak about this one more time. Then case closed... I don't ever want to hear about him anymore after that.

I continued. "Guess who didn't went to a party with only men around?"

Noriko blinked at me with a frown, waiting for me to go on. "Oh god... Did he cheat on you?"

"I swear I could swallow it more easily if he did that. But guess what? He is married." I told her.

"Married??? Jesus what a prick."

Meanwhile we arrived with the bus so we took off and walked towards the university building as usual. The weather was a bit chilly, but it was bearable with a jacket.

"There's cherry on top too." I laughed bitterly one more time.

"What? What else is there??? How could this be worse than it already is?" She asked, completely blown away by the story.

"He has not only one, but three wives. And guess what welcomed me when I went to his place? The girls were arguing about who would suck his dick first..." I grimaced, almost puking just by the mere thought. "And the funny thing is that some time ago I asked him if he really had 3 wives because I heard it from someone else and he fucking lied. 'I only have eyes for you' or something similar bullshit he said... He fed me with his lies until now and I ate all of it. I loved him and he betrayed me like that..." My voice cracked at the end of my last sentence.

I was hurt... Because I really loved him. He was always so nice to me, he treated me so well... Yet this is how things turned out in the end.

Noriko noticed my pain and she stopped walking, stopping me as well, pulling me into a tight, warm embrace. "Oh sweetie..." She said in a sad tone, stroking my back and hair with her hands. "I'm so sorry..."

I couldn't help but let a few tears escape my eyes and of course, Noriko noticed my sobs.

"Shh... No, no... That prick doesn't deserve your tears. Please don't cry." She said soothingly, trying to calm me down, slightly tightening her grip around me.

"I am so stupid..." I sobbed. "I should have seen it coming... All of it between us was too good to be true..."

"No, it's not your fault. Don't you dare blame yourself or I'm gonna kick your ass... This is his fault. All of it. It was him who manipulated you and lied to you without the slightest shame about it. That dude has no spine... So please... don't think, not even for a moment that you are the one to blame, because you are not. Okay?" She spoke, gently patting my back before she pulled back slightly and took a handkerchief out of her pocket, giving it to me.