Chapter 22

(y/n)'s POV:

Pacing back and forth in my small kitchen I kept staring at my phone and my message board, unable to decide if I really should open Rengoku's messages like he requested.

He brought me flowers and also said he knows a bouquet won't make up for his mistakes... Yet here I am, hesitating. Because of him, because of Tengen and because of guilt. What's the guarantee he won't repeat the same thing again if I forgave him? Nothing.

Suddenly a notification came of a new message. Not Rengoku this time, but Tengen.

He wrote: 'Goodnight, doll. Looking forward to our next date ;)'

I opened the message and begun typing, writing to him a goodnight message as well as a reply.

Then a new message popped up on the screen, but not from Tengen. It was from Rengoku.

I took a deep breath, stared up at the ceiling for a moment before I turned back, finally tapping on his name to read what he wrote.

Countless unread messages awaited me, so I scrolled back to the first I haven't seen until now which he sent to me about a week ago after he left me alone.

'Hey, just wanted to tell you in a message too that I am sorry for leaving you alone in the morning. Some family problems came up, I will call you as soon as possible.'

Next was later that day. 'I tried to call you, but you didn't answer. Hope you are 'kay. Just wanted to let you I won't attend to school for a week at least, so you don't have to come to my office for extra lessons.'

A day later... 'Hey. Are you alright?'

Then messages like these came afterwards: 'Why don't you read my messages?'

'Please answer me.'

'Look I know I was a dick, but I apologize. I didn't want to wake you up early in the morning.'

'You start to piss me off.'

'Are you this eager for a punishment the next time we meet?'

And so on... Today's messages were however about apologizing again. He told me he's coming over today, because he wanted to talk to me face to face. That was probably when I was on a date with Tengen. Right after he left the flowers here for me he wrote a message, similar to the note he left between the bouquet of flowers.

At the same time there was the call too when me and Tengen were busy kissing each other.

Another text: 'Where are you? I'm in front of your door right now. Are you okay?'

And the last message he sent to me a few minutes ago... 'Guess you won't read my messages nor answer my calls... I can't tell you enough I'm sorry for leaving without a word. See you in class next week. I wanna talk to you.'

He was still online. I begun typing something, but deleted it instead. I did it again and again and again. Writing and deleting. That's what I did for like 10 minutes. I didn't know whether I should send him off or tell I want to talk as well. Maybe those family problems were really something important. I couldn't know. He didn't come to school for an entire week, so perhaps what he said might be true.

I wrote him a simple 'ok' as an answer. I didn't want to go too deep within this. This is not something I want to discuss in a chat.

It was pretty late for now so I did my evening routine and tucked myself under the covers. I need sleep. Maybe I will know what to do if I rest.

.
.
.

Today was sunday, one day before I had to go to classes again. Noriko called me early in the morning.