Chapter 53

(y/n)'s POV:

Still staring up at the young man, I finally replied to his question, explaining where he can find the library, telling about all the dirrctions on the way. "...and you should find it right there." I said.

He scratched the back of his head with a warm smile on his face. "Well... I have already tried to find it actually, but I failed. I was hoping that you would give me a few minutes of your time and escort me there. Please?"

I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere right now, but he was so kind.

I sighed and stood up from the bench. "Alright. This way."

I took another deep breath, grabbed my bag and begun walking, with him following behind.

Soon we entered the building together, the halls being filled with students.

The stranger rushed up to my side and I gave him a questioning look. His face reflected pure kindness and innocence. I have never met anyone like him before.

"I would like to apologize for robbing your time, miss. I wouldn't be bothering you if I found the library by myself, but this place is like a maze for me to be honest." He paused for a second. "My name is Kamado Tanjiro. Nice to meet you." He smiled. "What's your name?"

I already told you I wasn't in the mood for this whole escort thing, and I especially wasn't in the mood for small talk. So god knows why did I reply to him. "My name is (l/n) (y/n)."

I took a few more steps before I noticed he wasn't by my side anymore. Looking over my shoulder I saw him standing a few meters away from me, surprisement written all over his face.

"(L/n) (y/n)? He muttered to himself in disbelief.

I blinked at him cluelessly, not quite understanding why did he behave like this. Why was he so surprised by my name? Does he know me from somewhere perhaps? I highly doubt that.

He shook his head and amiled at me again, saying sorry, then we continued our way towards the library whereas we were originally heading.

After that we didn't speak a word to each other, just passed by other students and professors during our way, eventually reaching the library he was so desperately searching for.

"This is it." I pointed a finger at the sign above the door for him.

He walked to the door but before going inside, he turned to me one more time. "Thank you so much for your help, miss. I really appreciate it." He smiled.

I nodded in response. "It was nothing..."

However I was still thinking about Tanjiro's surprisement from earlier. Something inside me tells me that whatever he was thinking about in that particular moment, I had to know what was his reason to be that surprised by hearing my name, so I decided to ask away.

I opened my mouth to speak, however before I could say anything, he spoke up instead.

"Your kindness reminds me of Genya's."

My eyes widened, my breath catching in my throat at the mention of Genya's name. It's been so long since I last heard anyone mentioning him aside from Sanemi. What does this supposed to mean?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't respond to him immediately and before I knew it, he waved for me, stepping inside the library, the huge door closing with a loud thud.

"Genya?" I whispered to myself.

The halls became empty and I realized that I had to go to class. I was already late.