Chapter 40

(y/n)'s POV:

"I happened to hear what you two were talking about..." Sanemi spoke. "Didn't I tell you something? Didn't I request you to focus on your studies for now? Didn't I warn you about Uzui?"

I sighed. "Nemi, please."

"No, (y/n), there's no please and no avoiding this now. I know you and your little tricks and I love you from the bottom of my heart and you are still my precious sister I would die for, but this is serious now."

I knew he wasn't joking... "Do you want a drink?" I asked him, grabbing a can of soda. A flavour I know he likes and tried to smile as best as I could.

I act terrible when I am under too much pressure...

I held out the can for him and he tossed it away with his hand. "(Y/n)..." he warned.

"What about a snack?" I took out a bag of chips from one of plastic bags. He grabbed it and threw it randomly behind himself. I laughed awkwardly. "We have a nice weather today, don't we?"

He raised a finger in front of himself and spoke in a low tone. "You have one more chance to speak."

I knew he would rather break his own arms before he would lay a finger on me, yet I found him so scary that the hair on my neck raised as he spoke. He held the upper hand of this conversation and no matter what, he is not going to stop interrogating me until I tell him what happened.

"Sanemi, my private life is not your concern! Why do you keep doing this to me? You don't tell shit about what the hell you are doing either so why should I!?"

"I'm the older one between us and it's my responsibility to take care of you!" He raised his voice. "So you either start telling my why the hell you keep dating a bastard like Uzui instead of studying or I'm going to take you out of the university! Are you really okay with the fact that he has three wives???"

"I'm not! And didn't you say you heard everything in the parking lot by the way???"

He paused for a moment and groaned. "I only saw you two, kay? That was just a lie because I wanted to hear you admitting it! But if you are not okay being part of his harem, then why are you still with him huh???"

"Didn't you see that huge ass slap I gave him? I'm done with him! I didn't know about his wives until recently and I just broke up with him because of that reason! He lied to me and manipulated me and fucking broke my heart! I couldn't know!" My voice cracked again as I continued. "So instead of blaming me for everything, why don't you go and knock him out and-" I stopped mid-sentence.

I stopped because I saw anger rising in him, his breathing getting heavier and heavier by each passing second. His fists clenched tightly to the point where his knuckles turned bone white.

I rarely see this side of him, but when I do, I know that he wants to do something stupid...

He acted the same way when some idiots in my class back in high school used to bully me. He punched those three guys till they were bleeding, sending them to hospital and he got kicked out of school because of that. Because of me... He took all the blame for me.

"Nemi..." I called out to him timidly, taking a step towards him to grab his hands. However he gently pushed me out of the way, hurrying towards the exit. "Wait!"

He was aiming to grab the doorknob of the front door and he didn't let me catch his hand to stop him for a moment.

"Wait! What do you wanna do?"

He turned around abruptly to face me. "No one..." He raised a finger between us as he talked, his tone sounding threatening. "No one is allowed to hurt my sister, let it be my relative, my friend or anyone else. Those who do shall face my anger and my punishment. Uzui won't be an exception."