Letter - THH

Makoto Naegi:

Usually your mother sorted through the mail but this time it was your father. One little thing about two letters caught his eye. A familiar crest was stamped onto it,".. Kyoko! Come look at these letters!" Makoto called out to the living room, where Kyoko was resting. Your mother got up and went to Makoto,"What about them?"

"The Hope's Peak Academy crest.." Your father showed her the letter. Kyoko nodded,"Open it." Her curiosity got the better of her. Your father gently opened it,"To Y/N Kirigiri....." He read it quietly, Kyoko didn't even need him to read it out to know what's going on,"She's been accepted?" Your father nodded,"And then there's another one," He opened that one too,"... Just like me-" He said.

Kyoko nodded,"Well we should wait until the girls get home, they'd probably be very happy." She said. Your father nodded.

After a short while, you and your sister stumbled through the door,"Shut UP-I SAID I WANTED TO GO FIRST-"

"NO YOU DIDN'T-"

"YES I DID-" As you were both hurriedly getting your shoes off, Makoto and Kyoko showed up in the doorway,"Look what we have here." Your father said, holding the letters. You both looked at him with curiosity,"Just calm down and we'll tell you what these are." Kyoko said. You nodded,"Read the letters! Read the letters! Read the letters! Read the letters!" Your sister chanted.

Your father read the first letter out,"To Y/N Kirigiri, we are happy to say you have been scouted for Hope's Peak Academy. We are proud to announce you have been accepted as the Ultimate Historian!" He read out.

You stood there, dumbfounded. You thought you wouldn't really, there's plenty of other people who could take your place but you're the one who got accepted,"I DID!?" You asked, happy and shocked. Makoto nodded,"Well done Y/N!" He said.

This Academy was what you'd call your magnum opus. You convinced yourself you'd do your best there, you won't give anyone up. Especially not your family.

Kyoko Kirigiri:

You and your sister had just gotten home. Your hopes of getting into the elite school of your dreams didn't exist anymore. You thought it wasn't possible. The raffle was for over 1 million people, there was no way you won. Your mother was standing beside your father, who was holding two letters in yellow-ish envelopes, one of which he just read out.

You nudged your shoes away from you,"Okay, what's the other one?" Kaori asked. Makoto took the other letter out and started reading it, occasionally looking at you,"To Y/N Kirigiri, we are happy to announce that you have won the Hope's Peak Academy raffle. We are proud to welcome you as the Ultimate Lucky Student!" Your mother smiled as you looked up at both of them, tearing up,"Well done, Y/N." Your mother said in her usual calm tone.

Your sister held you by your arm,"YOU DID IT!! YOU GOT IN!!" She said, ecstatic. Your dream came true. You thought nothing would happen, you weren't particularly gifted in anything. You had Hobbies and interests, no talents. You were just average.

And the words your mother said to you oh so long ago trailed back into your head, that it didn't matter whether you had an Ultimate or not. There were two contexts, and you understood it as 'there's a raffle and a reserve course, you can get in otherwise' an unnatural way to think, a bit.. Self centered.

Forget about that. You just found out you won the raffle. Be happy. Cry about it, you got your dream. You were just as special as your entire family was.

Byakuya Togami:

Pfft, paper mail? Never heard of it! Well that's a lie, you of course got paper mail, for your grades and stuff, but you never really checked it since it was obselete. But then you spotted an odd looking letter. Not like the other ones. With a wierd crest on it. One you should recognise, but your mind was drawing blanks.