ch 59

Old man sit on bed and wenshu stand near the door.
"Sit "he point towards the low stool .
"I'm good ..tell me what you have to say "
Wenshu said in his usual cold tone .

"Don't just stand their like outsider ." He again said and pulled the stool for him.
"Come sit " he patted the sit.

"Okay" wenshu sat and look at him .
He waited for his words.

Old man wen knew his eldest son was always cold to him and didn't talk much .
He look at him . His first wife image came to his mind . Whenever he has something to say he will  quietly look at him like wenshu now. he resembles his mother way too much.

"Yesterday I went to town and bought this pair of leaf earrings." Old man took the red cloth from his bossom.

"It's for your wife .. here " he handed to wenshu.

"Ringe'r is going to marry in three days ..give it to him" wenshu didn't take it he just glance at that thing. He feel somewhat familiar with the design.

"You..i already bought for him ..it's for your wife .." old man sigh seeing his cold behaviour.
He again show the earings to him.
"Look dont you think its look familiar.."
Wenshu again glance at design and try to remember.

"It's from your amu ..my late wife !" He said slowly .Old man glance at wenshu face he usually doesn't show his expression but old man knew he was thinking about his amu. Wenshu most care about his amu and his death affect him most.
"It's his wish to always give his all jewellery to your wife ..other ones was already given to eldest daughter in law....but this one "
He paused wenshu glance at him asking for more words.

"Original one was sold "
Old man finish saying .he look at his son.
wenshu eyes got darker. He stare at old man .

"I'm sorry .."
Old man appologize in low voice.being stare at by wenshu he feel guilty.
"I couldn't retrieve the original one but ..knowing your wife pregnancy I went to buy new one similar to it " he said slowly.

Room was in silence wenshu look at the earings again. His amu words came to his mind
-    'when my little shu marry his wife , I will give him my all accessories. My daughter in law will look beautiful wearing this . ' he will caressed his hair gently. His soft voice and loving smile. His illness never make his gentle beauty less.

"I don't want this !" He said in deep voice

"Its for your wife ..it's your amu...." old man tried to convince him but wen shu cut him off.

"It's not my amu's!" Wenshu said and slide back the red cloth to him.

"My amu's things was already sold to other now this new piece doesn't carry that meaning ...i wont take it father "
He refused.

"You.." old man look at wenshu .he knew he was unhappy about it but he couldn't do anything now .
Original earning was misplaced by old lady .she give it to her nephew on her wedding in her maternal family without his knowledge.
He couldn't do anything now and he also cannot tell truth to him.
He sighs .

"Eldest ...I know you are unhappy ..but forgive father ..i didn't mean to hurt you ..I just want to make my late wife wish come true "
Old man said in low voice he shrug his shoulders low .he was really guilty towards him.

"I'm not blaming you.....i just don't want something which originally  don't belong to my amu " wenshu  said and stand up from his seat.

"I'll go now!"

"Okay...come early on wedding days ...it's your younger sibling wedding ...don't mind the old lady words.." old man said .
Wenshu nod his head and after a glance at table he went out.

Old man look at the back of his fading figure and then turn his head to earings.
'will zeqian be sad "