[17] - date night

KIARA

                Me: can i trust you to be okay?

                Santi: u made blondie come over and
keep an eye.

I scoff at his message. I asked Liz to look out for him and I would do it again. What type of sister would I be if I wasn't worry after his big incident?

                 Me: it's for ur own good. don't give her
a hard time.

Santi: i'll try. we're watching a movie,
enjoy ur night.

My. Brother. Telling. Me. To. Enjoy. My. Night?? Something isn't right. He literally spent the whole day eating my ears off because he doesn't trust this guy.

Me: thought u hated the idea of this
date?

                 Santi: blondie stole my phone.

I chuckle at my brother's lie and turn my phone off. Soon enough, Stone parks the car and we arrive at the skating center.

A smiling Landon greets us, reaching closer to me. His eyes roam my body up and down, looking pretty satisfied with my outfit.

"You look beautiful" his comment make my lips twirl into a grin.

Interlacing my arm in his, we enter the shiny building. My eyes scan my whereabouts, only now realising how close from the Christmas time we are.

The place is decorated with red and green details. A Christmas tree at the corner, with blinding lights and a big star at the top.

From big families of seven, to lovely couples and happy kids. There's a bit of everything. All of them looking like they're having the best time of their lives.

We're quick to change into the correct shoes and, consequently, enter the ice. Stone, obviously, is a pro and to him it comes out naturally.

He spins around the cold slippery ground with ease and elegance. He's non-questioningly showing off his skills, which causes me to roll my eyes.

"Ever done this?" I turn my attention fully to Landon.

"I'm a total newbie" he's almost ashamed to admit it, which I find cute.

"Cmon, I will help you" I pull my hands for him to take, guiding him to the center of the rink.

He exhales deeply, trusting me profoundly. I grin proudly when he's able to hold himself in place and we begin with easier steps.

"Will you slap me if I say this was just so we could have a little romantic like-the-movies kind of moment?" he lifts an unsure brow.

I gasp. "Fooling me already?"

"Sorry, sweetheart" he fakes regret. I accept his challenge and pretend I'm going to drop him "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Maybe" I shrug innocently "So tell me more about yourself, last time we didn't really have the chance"

His eyes glint at the mention of our last encounter. The small tug of his mouth tells me he doesn't regret it one bit, just like me. He's also thought about it recently, i later find out. And so have I.

"Um, here's a random fact I'm a great singer" he reveals and my jaw drops.

"Really?" my brows raise and he nods "What's your favourite song to cover?"

"Falling by Harry Styles, just so touching" he's quick with his answer.

As a fan of Harry's songs myself I don't hate his answer. Sure, could have been something less generic but everyone with their taste.