Chapter 11

HARVEY

Hearing my sister's voice over the phone telling me what happened made me angry but also happy for her.

Hayley and Theo were supposed to be together, but that idiot couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Harrison would tell me who his latest conquests were, which used to rile me up the wrong way.

Hayley moved out here after what happened to her staying with Harrison, but she moved around till she came to Florida. I moved out of her as I was training to become a lawyer and needed the practice before I came home to claim my mate, but she wasn't old enough. I remember our father had a call from a hospital a month after she moved out and needed to come due to Hayley needing medical help. I was close by and he sent me to check on her. I'm glad I turned up when I did. My father wouldn't have been able to cope with what I had to hear from the doctor, what Hayley went through. She never talked about that day to anyone, but someone is to blame.

My knuckles turned white on the steering wheel as I thought about that night, hearing my sister crying. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I had to be there for my sister.

A call comes through. I look at the screen: Agent Matthews.

I answered it quickly.

"Harvey, your sister just told me that the account number has been in use," she says. "We need to act now; Hayley told me she will be leaving as soon as she can get a flight out. You need to be on standby," she says.

"I will. I'm picking her up in the next twenty minutes," I say through gritted teeth. "Do you know who sent the account to him?"

She clears her throat. "Someone from a company called Meadow Hollow, a place where you call home," she says.

I indicate and pull over. I can't help but swear. Someone in the fucking pack is doing this, but whom?

"Harvey, are you still there?" she calls out, "Yeah, I am. What do you need me to do?" I ask, rubbing my hand over my face. Someone is going to pay and if Shane has connections with her, he would know, but he won't tell anyone, would he?

Agent Matthews was quiet for a few moments but started talking. "I don't know, do you know the owner? See if he has any indication of who the person could be?" she asks.

"Yeah, I know the owner, Jacob Wood, he is a loyal guy. We can trust him. He can help us and hopefully, we can figure out who is setting my sister up for the fall," I say. "I will talk to Jacob when he comes to the party today and hopefully we can put an end to all this bullshit."

"Sounds like a plan Harvey, I will contact you once your sister talks to me," she says. We say our goodbyes, which are usually short and sweet.

Once Agent Matthews hangs up, I take a big sigh and start back on the road back home.

I knew Shane from joining and I thought he was an okay guy until Mr. Norris noticed some of his finances were missing. He asked me to help him. We couldn't put a figure on who was taking the money but Shane slipped up, so I asked my sister to come and work with the firm, Hayley's really good with numbers so we had her go over every form before it was sent for approval, she notice four different numbers were coming in some of the time.

I knew Agent Matthews from working on a case a year ago, so I asked her to look into Shane. She didn't find much on him but we did figure he knew someone who was giving him the bank accounts, but they were really good at what they were doing and were keeping out of the spotlight. So we decided to set Shane up and it has been happening for the last seven months. Hayley wanted to help, so she started dating him. Her wolf Raina wasn't having it, but she wanted to help Mr. Norris as he helped her out in getting a good job.

Hayley moved in with him five months ago, as she needed a place to stay and he wanted her to move in. She signed an agreement for the apartment, which is in her name, but I vetted the whole thing before she signed anything.

I look towards the house. I am coming too. I have missed being home; I wish I was home more. I miss Harrison and also mum but I needed to be there for Hayley. They don't know what happened to her; both our father and I made that packed with her about the hospital.

I just hope Hayley tells us about it; it has caused her so much heartache. I know Hayley and mum don't get on. Mum has this thing of opening her mouth without thinking, but also she always had high hopes for her, which always led to bad arguments between them.

I pull up to the house and text her. I hope she knows what she is doing and hopefully when she comes back she can sort out with Theo, but if he messes with her again, I will kill him.