Chapter 46

THEO

Agent Matthews walks further into the office and stands next to Harvey, looking through the file he took out.

Agent Matthews looks back at us. "Alpha Nathan came to the werewolf council after the death and torture of his Luna, son, and pack," she says. "He wasn't even the only Alpha that came to us within months of each other, rogues were tearing apart small packs and killing members that wouldn't turn on their alphas."

We look back at her. "Alpha Nathan wanted to help take them down. He wanted revenge," she said and looked at Harvey. "I think both Harrison and you need to sit down for this."

Both men took a seat next to Jackie, who sat in the middle of them. I lean on the desk while other members are here to take seats wherever they can find seats.

"You see, we needed him to act like he was a rogue after what happened and he did," she says and sits on the windowsill, staring at us.

"Alpha Nathan went into character as a rogue and even infiltrated the rogue pack in question, he found out all about Gary but somehow it was short-lived as one night in question a woman approached him and started to come onto him," she says. "She slipped him a drug that made him all hot and horny."

"His words, not mine," she says with eyes scrunched together and she shakes her head. "The woman didn't tell him her name, only she wanted to be with a real man for the night. After a wild night, the woman was gone the next morning without a word," she said with a sigh.

Agent Matthews looked on with a stern look plastered on her face. "Alpha Nathan came back to the werewolf council feeling drained every same day and wanted us to test him which we did, we found loads of GHB in his system which for a human would have killed them but for a werewolf, it made him feel different and have an out-of-body experience, we knew he was telling us the truth due to the test result but this was not the first either of hearing what this pack of rogues was doing when we asked if he could remember the woman he couldn't place her not till a few months later when she found him and told him that she was pregnant with his baby."

I can feel the tension in the air. Agent Matthews carried on. "She wanted money from him to provide for her child, as she told him, but she started blackmailing him for more, telling him she would tell packs never to trust someone who could not look after their own child. Alpha Nathan had lost everything due to these rogues, but she was going to prove that he had another child by another woman not long after losing his precious wife," she says.

The anger in the room was hard to handle but suddenly Agent Matthews stood up. "Alpha Nathan is Hayley's father, Vivian ran the blood sample I had from him," she says with no conviction in her voice.

Both Harvey and Harrison growl loudly. "Why would you do that?" Harvey asks and stands up quickly.

"When you rang and told me about Ruth being in charge of the pack, alpha Nathan was with me at the time. He found out the woman's name a few years back by following leads. He wanted to find out more about her. He found out her name was Ruth. When he came back to the werewolf council, he told me her name and when you told me, it had to be her. So I mentioned all the things that have been happening with your pack with the rogues and Ruth, but when he heard Hayley's name, he wanted to help out and make sure that Ruth would be killed," she says.

Harvey looks at her. "You invited him here, haven't you?" he says with a blank look on his face. I think he was trying to absorb all the information we were having. I know I was.

Agent Matthews doesn't say a word, but suddenly she nods.

"Can he be tested?" I ask her suddenly, which causes everyone to look at me confused. "I mean, can Vivian take his blood to see if he is a match for Hayley?" I ask as I move off the desk. I can feel eyes on me. "Hayley lost a lot of blood due to her injuries and apparently she has a rare blood type and they are running out of blood for her."