Chapter 49

HAYLEY

I let go of Selene's hand and ran straight into the arms of the man who raised me as his own.

His big arms wrap around me tightly.

"I have missed you so much my princess," he says as he moves away and looks down at me.

I can't help the tears that flow down my cheeks.

He turned to the side and there next to him was Dylan, Aunt Jackie's boy. He was holding hands with a four-year-old who was staring at me with a big smile.

The smile reminds me of Theo. It can't be.

I look at the child. "Mama," he says and runs straight towards me, wrapping his little arms around my legs.

I look at my father and Selene, who are now smiling back at me. The boy unravels himself from me as I kneel down to look at him. Raina comes closer and sniffs him.

She hums. "Our pup," she says suddenly.

"Luke," I say in a whisper and the boy nods with his big smile. "Yes mama, it's me," he says and wraps his arms around my neck.

Tears start to flow once again as I close my eyes as I held my son.

"I thought seeing him would help you move on slightly," says Selene. "He is in good hands, as you can tell."

I move away and look at him. "You look so much like your father," I said, and he laughs, even his laugh sounds like Theo's too.

"I think we should sit," says my father as he looks down at both Luke and me.

There behind us were now benches that had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Hayley, I want to explain," my father says as we both walk over to the benches, he sits. "Your mother was evil when she told me that she was pregnant by another man and that he hurt her. I believed her, she was too far along when she found out about you," he says as I sit next to him as Luke sits on the ground with Raina, leaning on her.

I can't help but smile, looking at them both.

Dylan sits next to the Moon Goddess.

"She was hell-bent on destroying the alpha and Luna as Gary wanted them out of the way. She wanted him. She couldn't believe that the Moon Goddess could pair her up with someone like me," he says with a hint of disgust but also sadness, which makes Selene look angry but she never says a word.

My father takes my hand in his. "I made it work and made sure that Harrison and Harvey were there with you constantly," he says and smiles "Those boys are a blessing to you and me, they made sure your mother never hurt you after that night when you wet yourself, when they told me what she did I was angry and even threatened to throw her out. But she only laughed at me as I always let her get away with everything and she knew I would always have kept my word as she always threatened to take you away from me as she constantly told me every day that you were never mine."

My heart breaks hearing all of this.

"I met your father, you know," he says suddenly, which makes my eyes go wide. I look back at him. "When?" I asked.

He smiles. "He came to see your mother; he wanted to know if the child was truly his or even real, but when he came to the house, I knew straight away who he was, as you have similar features as him. I welcomed him into the house. You were outside playing with Summer on your bike at the time. We talked about you, what you were like. He even told me about Ruth which didn't surprise me one bit," he says and sighs, squeezing my hand gently.