Chapter 48

HAYLEY

I am in complete darkness.

I have been here for hours.

There is nothing here but me.

I don't even have Raina. I feel so alone.

I have been sitting on the floor with my knees up to my chest. I can remember all my mother's words, every inch of detail she told me before I was sent here even though I have no clue where it is.

I feel so much pain and hurt; it was a lot of information to take in.

My father wasn't even my father; I was a product of a plan that was created by my mother and Gary. She had pure hatred for me. She never loved me. She only had a heart set on Gary and she didn't care who she hurt in the process.

I have been crying for a solid few hours.

I was on my own in silence, which meant all I could do was think.

Maybe I should die; no one would miss me...

"There are plenty of people who would miss you, my child," says a voice from behind me.

I spin around and stare at the most gorgeous woman I have ever laid my eyes on; she looks like an angel with her brown hair all neatly plaited down the side and the dress she wore was out of this world, thin straps hold the material together over her shoulders which made the material flow all the way down to the ground.

"Who are you?" I ask with a sob, probably looking all blotchy due to the crying I've been doing.

She looks at me with sadness in her eyes. "You don't need to feel threatened my child, I'm Selene," she says.

My mouth goes dry, Selene. It can't be. Selene is the Moon Goddess.

"You're..." I try to say, but my words fail me. She nods her head. "I'm the Moon Goddess child. I am the one who created our kind, but I am at a loss at the ones who hurt you, my dear," she says with anger rising through her slightly. "No one should have done all those things to you, not that wicked girl, but more importantly, your own mother, a mother, should love her child no matter what," she says.

She holds her hand out to me, which I take.

I don't say anything but she guides me out of the darkness I was in and into some light. "Here, this is better," she says, looking at me with a smile.

I can't help but take in the garden that we walked into.

It was so beautiful, loads of stunning and different kinds of flowers were blowing around in the slight breeze giving off all the different smells the flowers had but there was a black and white wolf sitting under a tree, the wolf I knew all too well, I can't help but smile. "Raina," I say quietly.

Raina lifts her head up and looks at me, she moves quickly towards me, and Selene lets go of my hand and nods towards the wolf.

As we got closer Raina jumps up on me, which brings me to the ground with a thump, which makes the Moon Goddess giggle. Raina licks my face. "I was so worried about you," she says in between every lick. I can't help but laugh as her wet tongue slobbers all over me.

"Raina, I am so glad you are safe too," I say to her once she stops. Raina lets me sit up, but I can't help but wrap my arms around her neck. She snuggles into me as well.

I never felt so much love come from anyone other than my brothers and Theo, but the thought of Theo brings me sadness. I miss him.

I move back as Raina stretches her paws out in front of her and places her head on my lap once I sit next to her.

I look around at the garden we are in. "Where are we?" I ask. "Is this a dream?" As Selene sits on a bolder in front of us which, if I remember rightly, wasn't there a moment ago.

She smiles at me. "This is what you call a dream but we are in between the land of the living and the dead my child, here we can talk and rest while your body decides whether it is ready to come with me through the gates or go back to your loved ones?" she says as she looks at both Raina and me.

She smiles. "I'm so proud of both of you. I definitely paired you both well," she says, but her face changes. "I am truly sorry for everything that both of you went through."

I look at her. "Why would my mother..." I start to say, but I choke on the words. It's hard to believe she thought or even did what she did.

Selene glares at me. "Your mother will not be seeking my forgiveness after what she did to you, my child; she caused so many heartaches over the years, not just her mates or yours. He caused problems for your brothers and your biological father too," she says.

I look back at her. "What do you mean?" I ask, feeling slightly confused.

She looks at me with sorrow. "Your father that looked after you will never be replaced Hayley, but you do have a biological father too who was not at fault in all this as like you he was targeted, he was played by those two evil devils," she says with a hiss.

"You see, Gary killed his Luna and son, they were his everything," she says and looks at me.

I place my hand in Raina's soft fur and stroke her, which makes her hum more.

Selene sighs "I have a second chance for him which I think will make it an appropriate choice as the person has also suffered at your mother's hands too," she says and places her hand on Raina's head to give her a slight pat.

Selene looks to the side of her and turns back to me with a smile. "Hayley, you are more than what your mother said; you were never pathetic or weak. You were the total opposite, my child. You are stronger than you know; especially when your pup was taken from you. You both suffered dearly for that, and I am so honored that you are one of my children. Your mate will make you one happy woman and I believe I definitely made the right call for making you both true mates," she said.

My eyes go wide "True mates? What do you mean by that?" I asked her and she gave me the brightest smile I have ever seen on someone. "True mates are destined for each other, like Theo and you are. Jake knew about you both as he was really drawn to Raina here but Theo has always loved you even though he went about it the wrong a few times with that hideous girl," she says and holds her hands out for me to take, I place my hand in hers and she helps me up.

"You see, true mates are one of the rare things that can happen. Having a mate is something but being true mates is special as you can feel everything that your mate feels and a lot more, even their hidden desires," she says with a smirk.

"I promise child, when you go back you can either make your mother suffer or I will. I don't mind, but you will live a long and healthy life with your mate and..." she says and places her hand on my belly.

My eyes go wide, but she shakes her head. "I'm not saying but you will have many pups. I will tell you that," she says with a smile.

She turns me to the right and stands next to me, Raina looking on. "I don't normally do any of this but I know you need more answers and I know you are missing them like crazy so I thought seeing them happy and together, you could talk to them for a few moments but once they go, they will be here," she says as she comes to the front of me, placing her hand over my heart.

"You will have scars due to what happened by your mother, but they won't define you, Hayley," she says as she looks over her shoulder and smiles.

I looked to where she was looking, and there standing in front of me were three people who I never thought would be possible, who I would never see again. "Dad," I say in a whisper.

His face lights up when he sees me. "My princess," he says.