Chapter 43

HAYLEY

My mouth drops open and I just stare at my mother.

She slept with that man.

I can't even say a word to her or my voice would fail me.

My mother looks at me and then back at Gary. "I think you broke her baby," she says with a hint of a laugh.

I watch as Gary gets up off the chair and heads toward my mother. He stands by the side of her and wraps his arms around her, and smashes his mouth on hers. She is more than happy to do the same.

My goddess, I feel sick.

After a few more moments of them making out, which comes to an end, my mother smirks up at him as she moves slowly away from Gary and walks towards the chair to sit in front of me.

She looks at me but the smirk disappears. "You pathetic piece of crap, you ruined my life from the moment you were born," she says with a snarl. "I think we should have the mother and daughter chat that Aunt Jackie wanted me to have with you but the version she knows is a lie what I will tell you will be the truth as I'm going to enjoy killing you very slowly," she says with a smile creeping on her face as she stares at me.

I don't say anything but glare at her, but she sighs. "You are right baby, she is boring isn't she?" she says as she looks over to Gary, who has taken the chair near Lucy.

He smiles. "Tell her baby, I can't wait to see her face when you tell her," he says.

His hand goes to his crouch. "I want to fuck you after this baby, make your daughter hear everything I do to you?" he says.

Goddesses, why the hell are people hell-bent on having sex in front of me?

I can't help but gag at the thought.

She smiles and blows him a kiss, but turns around to face me with a scowl. "Now daughter, listen up and by the time I finish, you will never tell a soul as you will be dead," she says.

The movement inside my head comes closer. Raina is awake. "I need to stay rested, but whatever he injected in you was not wolfsbane, Hayley," she says quietly. "Don't show that your strength is coming back. We can surprise them when they least accept it."

"Raina, it is so good to hear your voice," I say, but look at my mother, who has now started talking to me.

I need to keep Raina under wraps till we can get up and move.

"You see, Gary told you we were high school sweethearts but also we kept fucking every so often afterward, even when we had mates. Your father didn't care if I slept around; he knew I wasn't happy with him. We had Harrison and then Harvey. Our lives were complete, but then I fell pregnant once again and lost the baby due to complications. I hated that man for ruining my body by wanting babies. He actually thought that I would change for him but I never would. I wanted to be with Gary," she says with a slight laugh. "But when I lost that baby I thought I needed to get out more, so when Patrick left I went on a bender. I found Gary who had just killed a pack and had loads of wolves following him. I wanted to be with him but we had to convince the pathetic Alpha of the pack at the time to hand it over. I spent five whole nights with that pathetic alpha and got pregnant again," she says and looks at me with a smile "I was pregnant with you darling daughter."

I look back at her stunned. "What do you mean pregnant with me?" I say but both Gary and my mother start to laugh loud. "Stupid fucking bitch," she says as she lunges forward, grabbing a fist full of my hair and pulling it back to make me look at her. "You precious daughter, you are not my mate's child," she says with a smirk and slaps me hard across the face.

She lets go of me and stands up, walking around the room slowly looking at everything on a table in the corner which I am assuming is what they used to torture prisoners, "I was in heat at the time, I had another baby but the problem was your father felt every single thing and came home early to find out what was going on but I was missing from the home, the pathetic prick had everyone searching for me," she says as she looks over to me. "Gary came to my rescue as he knew a few vampires who would feast on my blood, well enough to make it look like I was attacked and raped."

I look at her, my anger raging inside me, which makes Raina growl loudly in my head.

She picks up something, a silver knife, but she grabs a vial out from a little bag on the table and pours it over the knife. She holds it in her hand but walks back to the chair. "I remember walking through the door and Patrick was shocked and in bits when he saw the state me, he wanted to know what happened so I spun a little story of going off as I was so heartbroken about the baby I lost," she says so sarcastically. "Everyone actually believed me, so for the next few days I hid the fact I was pregnant until I couldn't anymore," she says.

"Patrick didn't bat an eye, he said he would raise the baby as his own," she says with a scowl. "When I gave birth to you, I left you there but that stupid idiot brought you home and raised you as his. He made sure I never got near you."

"I just sent word to mate where we are," says Raina in a weak voice suddenly.

My mother gets up off the chair and crouches down near me, and looks at me. The knife in her hand goes along my cheek, making me scream out in pain. My mother smiles. "I will leave you with marks and you will bleed a slow death," she says next thing I know, she plunges a needle into my leg and I can't help crying out as the pain running through my veins burns my body from the inside out.

Raina crying out in pain in my head, whimpering but her final words, "Wolfsbane."

She looks at me with a smile. "I made sure you had whatever that little slut gave you, but I wanted to cause you pain. That's why I dosed you up on more wolfsbane, myself," she says through gritted teeth.

I scream out as she rams the knife into my leg next, making the wound wider as she moves it around.

Tears flowed down my face.

"I blamed Carly for those rumors about you," she says. "But I started them and I made sure all those girls knew what a pathetic bitch you were," she says.

She stabs me again in the other leg, I can't help but plead with her but it causes her to laugh. "I only kept you for the money that pathetic alpha was sending me, he didn't want anything to do with you as he had a son who was going to rule his pack, why would he want a pathetic little runt like you," she says as she leans into me.

She moves away and walks over to Gary who only I now realize has a big smile on his face. "Nice job baby but you need to finish the job," he says.

My mother grabs his face and kisses him once again.

I feel like I'm getting weaker, my blood oozing out from my open wounds.

My mother removes her lips from Gary's. "Pick her up, baby," she says.

Gary smirks and happily comes to me and pulls me up by my hair, holding me in place as my mother rams the knife in between my ribs, which makes me scream out loud.

She pulls the knife out once more and plunges it into my side.

My mother looks at me. "I have to admit I have waited a long time to kill you, bitch," she says.

Gary let me go and I fall in a heap on the floor. I slowly go into darkness but before I do, I hear a loud roar coming from outside, an alpha roar.

That could only mean one thing: Alpha Jacob and Theo had Raina's message before she was gone again.

I watch as Gary runs to the tent entrance to look out, but my mother crouches down over me. "Goodbye bitch," she says as my eyes close and I slip into darkness.