Chapter 58

HAYLEY

I stare back at the woman who was supposed to have loved me, the one who should have protected me.

Her face was white as a sheet; she honestly thought she killed me.

She stares back at me, but after a few moments, her face changes to pure rage. "You should have been dead. I made sure you suffered," she says.

She suddenly smirks at me. "I bet you have some lovely scars on you now, bitch."

I don't say anything, I just stare at her. I can feel everyone's anger rise at what she is saying.

I step forward towards her cell door. "Why would you want to kill me?" I ask.

I can feel Raina looking through my eyes, growling at the woman who tried to kill us.

My mum looks at me and stands up from the bench she was sitting on, she walks over to the cell door with her eyes never leaving mine. "As I told you back in the tent, you should have never been born," she says with a snarl. "You ruined my life."

I growl and hear everyone else's too. "How the fuck did I ruin your life?" I shouted at her. "You made up most of the rumors about me, all because you wanted to be with someone else? Why would you do anything like that? To your own daughter."

She looks at me with a smile on her face. "You are so pathetic, you are just like that idiot man who raised you," she says as she looks through the gate and places her hands on the bars to hold, still wearing her smile, "That man thought keeping you would help our family, it would help me but there was no helping our family or me, those two behind you won't even let me get near you, I would have killed you when you were younger but that prat of a man was always in the way or they were."

I move closer feeling the anger build up inside Raina being so close to the surface, I close my eyes, and Raina steps in as we become one, her blue eyes shine which makes my mother step back with sudden shock but Raina moves quickly and grabs hold of her hand that was holding onto the bar, using our strength she squeezes my mother's hand which makes her scream out in pain. "Get the hell off me," she screams, but Raina doesn't let go.

"YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF CRAP," Raina growls through her teeth. "NO ONE TALKS TO MY HUMAN LIKE THAT AND GETS AWAY WITH IT."

I can feel Harvey step closer behind me, with Harrison on the other side. "Mother, I think it is about time you met Raina," he says, I can feel his smirk. "Raina here, is the one that will kill you if you don't give her answers but I will also state you are going to die but by whose hand is another story," he says with a snarl.

Raina growls loudly. "YOU HURT MY HUMAN BECAUSE YOU NEVER LOVED YOUR MATE AND HATED HER FOR WHAT HAVING A MATE THAT TRULY CARED ABOUT HER," she says.

Raina hit the nail on the head; I looked at my mother's face as the realization set in. Theo and I were destined mates, that's what true mates mean, but Gary and she were never destined to be together. They had mates. They were never meant to be together.

"Why should she have who she wanted? Huh!! I wanted Gary, not that low-life mate I had," she says. "I wanted Gary more than I ever wanted that useless one. He made me feel things I never did with that useless prick. He was even good in bed," she says and she glares at us. "You think being true mates is a destiny, you are so wrong, you both are pathetic, you won't exceed anything," she says. "He's not even an alpha. Why settle for less?"

Raina growls louder, Agent Matthews unlocks the door and Raina pushes the gate open which sends my mother hurling back as she releases her hand toward the wall. We walk in with Harrison and Harvey following behind. My mother looks back, stunned, and leans on the wall for support. "You can't kill me, I'm..." she says, but Harrison growls. "You dare call yourself our mother. You never wanted any of us," he snarls.