Chapter 16

HARVEY

I played the recording in front of Agent Matthews and Alpha Jacob.

Once it finished, I couldn't help but growl. "That bitch did that. I knew it wasn't just a fall," I say out too loud.

I look back at Alpha Jacob, who has gone white. "Hayley was pregnant, who was..." He says but I hold my hand up. "Alpha Jacob the baby was Theo's. She was pregnant but she lost the baby, she was planning on coming back with me and our father but when it happened, she completely lost herself. She lost her job, she never left her bed. She had to move in with me after five months. She has lived in Florida for the last five years, but she only started living about a year ago. Mr. Norris helped her when I told him about how good she was with numbers and then she began to help with the investigation," I said.

He looks at me. "Theo doesn't know we need..." I stop him and shake my head. "I made a promise to my sister not to tell anyone. The only people that know are Mr. Norris, my father, me, and now you. She made us promise, but I thought when she came back she would tell him, but this is what has gotten her through it. She hasn't even told Harrison or mum either."

He looks at me, but I carry on. "We need to keep this quiet till she comes back and I suggest you don't tell Summer either. Let Hayley tell them it is her story to tell," I said.

Alpha Jacob looks at me. "I will keep it a secret but I can't believe Carly would do that to her," he says with a growl.

"She has had it in for Hayley for years by the sound on it so she will have made some mistakes since she has come back," says Agent Matthews suddenly; I forgot that she was on the phone.

"Call Mr. Norris and we will explain everything to him," she says.

She hangs up the phone, Alpha Jacob looking at me. "It must have been hard to have witnessed her go through that," he says.

I look at him but my emotions are getting the better of me. A tear escapes my eye. "I had to hold her hand while she delivered the baby. She had a boy," I say in a weak voice. "He looked so much like them both, she held him for hours and prayed to the moon Goddess to watch over him," I looked away from him. "It was the hardest thing I had to do to watch my sister cry every time. She was so weak and fragile; she couldn't remember anything about what happened to her, her next-door neighbor found her at the foot of the stairs from her apartment. She called for an ambulance. When my father came, I explained what happened. He wanted to take her home, but she threw stuff at us. I told her to come and live with me but she went back to her apartment when I noticed that she lost her job and her apartment, I took her in. Hayley hasn't been Hayley for a long time."

I look back at him. "She wanted Theo, I could tell, but she told me that he picked Carly over her," I say. "There is more to this story. You know with them too. He has fucked up more times than I can count."

Alpha Jacob looks at me, confused. "What do you mean?" he asks, but I shake my head. I've had enough of this conversation.

"I'm not bringing that up. Hayley and Theo need to work out and even talk about stuff which we are not going to do if we don't carry on with the job at hand," I say.

There have been knocks on the door throughout the day and we have been ignoring them since we have been in here. I know Summer wants to see Alpha Jacob but we need to catch these bastards who have been screwing with everyone's lives.

There was a knock at the door once again, and I looked at Alpha Jacob. "You need to act pissed off and if anyone says anything, just say it is work-related," I say and he nods.

Once Alpha Jacob deals with the person behind the door, he comes back in with two beers and I ring Mr. Norris. I play the recording again for him to hear.

After hearing it, he was pissed out. "Poor Hayley, to witness that is one thing but to hear them talk about...I guess one thing I can say Harvey, we got them," he says but stops when my sister walks into the office. Mr. Norris tells her that I'm on the phone but I place my finger to my lips to Alpha Jacob as I don't want her to know that he is here. She won't want to come home.

Alpha Jacob nods.

"Hayley," I say, sounding pissed off. "Please tell me you didn't watch that happening." The thought of them having sex was hard to hear, but knowing my sister was in the house.

"I had to watch the whole show but I have to say I learned a lot," she says, which takes me by surprise at how calm she is.

But suddenly we could hear. "It's okay, Mr. Norris, I'm over it, I was coming back to finish with Shane anyway," she says.

"Harvey, what's the plan now?" she asks.

Before we rang Mr. Norris, Agent Matthews rang again telling us that she would be there to set up, which she already did as she just messaged me "Hayley, you just need to be out of sight, Agent Matthews is there. She will arrest them when they come into the office. You only come out when you start to hear the recording," I say.

"Okay, Harvey," she says, and I can hear her walking away. Mr. Norris takes me off the loudspeaker for a moment and picks up the phone. "She looks like she has been crying, Harvey; I hope she'll be alright. Sophie just told me they have arrived. I will leave you both on speakerphone to hear all of it," he says.

Now we got you, Shane, I thought.

But I suddenly felt my emotions build up for Hayley. I want my sister back home now. She needs to be with family and friends also Theo.