Chapter 12

THEO

I had to get out of the guest house.

I couldn't listen to her say those three words to him.

She should be saying them to me.

I ran out of the guest house as fast as I could, but I shifted into Jake. He needed the run as he was pissed off as I was at the conversation we were listening to.

"Mate should want us," he says in my head with a whine.

I don't say anything.

I can feel his pain. I feel the same.

We run for a while as we take a long way back, and I shift as soon as I get to the pack house.

On the top step was Summer. She looked at me. "I'm sorry for the slap," she said as I came closer to her. She hands me a pair of sports shorts since Jake shredded my clothes when he shifted.

I sat next to her. "Did you know Hayley had a boyfriend back home?" I asked her.

She looks back at me and shakes her head. "No, she never told me, her mother was angry at her about something when she came back in when she went to see her and she asked me the same question if I knew she had a boyfriend," she says.

"I found out when he was wanking himself off to her on the phone," I say through gritted teeth.

She doesn't say anything, she just looks at me.

"I want her Summer, I always have," I say. "How the fuck did I fuck up?"

"You didn't know she was your mate, you just went with what you thought was right, I still stand by that even though it was a dick move," She says and sighs. "You are mates, she will want you and you will want her, so how about you both get back to getting to know each other, it's been five years since you last saw each other."

Summer's right, we don't even know anything about each other, we should talk even though when I'm around her all I want is her.

"You know, it's the second part of the party tomorrow. Why not go there in the day to see if you both can do something other than sex?" she says with a smirk. "I can smell her on you."

I chuckle. "Okay, I think I can manage that, even though it is so damn hard. Have you seen how good she looks?"

Summer giggles. "Yeah, I have noticed she is one hot lady," she says and punches me in the arm. "Theo, she has been away for five years. Things are going to be weird between you both. You haven't seen each other since then, even if she did come to her father's funeral. Neither of you saw each other. I still can't believe you nearly had a fight with Harrison. What the hell happened?"

I stare out; I know both Alpha Jacob and Summer have been asking the same question to me. I sigh. "We had a disagreement about something," I say.

"Cut the bullshit. Jacob's not here. He is in the office dealing with pack business, it's just you and me," she says.

I sigh again.

"Harrison was pissed off at me. He told me that Hayley came back here to see me, but she left crying," I said.

"What do you mean, she came back to see you? When?" She asks, looking confused.

I shrug. "I never saw her; I have been waiting for the chance to see her and make it right with her for so long. I didn't know what he was on about," I say to her and turn to look at her. "He was pissed. He wasn't making much sense."

Summer goes quiet for a while. "Theo, maybe she did come and see you. Did you ever have a sniff of her scent around that time?" she says. "She might have been too scared to see you. She looks the same as Hayley, but her eyes say more."