Chapter 50

THEO

It has been a long painful ten days, and Hayley still hasn't woken up.

Christmas came and went.

No one wanted to celebrate, but Hayley's family and friends we gathered around her bed. We all had our dinner there and even opened some gifts. Everyone was trying to be happy, but it was hard. I couldn't be happy. The one person I wanted with me to celebrate the holiday was still in her hospital bed, still out of it.

The pack doctor told us she was healing nicely, but she will have some scars due to the stab wounds Ruth inflicted on her.

Summer has been making sure I have been eating and even showering, but all I want to do is either sleep by Hayley's hospital bed or work on the cabin.

Harvey thought it might be a good idea for me to start on it, as I was starting to depress everyone. They made a rota for when everyone could stay with Hayley, so she was never alone. But I always made sure I was there every night to wake up to her, but it also calmed Jake as he was on edge and wanted to get out. So working on the cabin has been our place to go. Even Harrison and Harvey have helped me out when they could. Also, Alpha Jacob and Nathan have been pitching in when they could.

Nathan has moved here, he has been staying in the pack house and has been helping Alpha Jacob with the work that Ruth and Carly fucked up for the pack; they are slowly getting there but there has been so much wrongdoing that we may have to start over again but Nathan seems to think that we will get there with a little patience.

As for Ruth, she is still in the cells, but she hasn't opened her mouth to anyone, not even to Harvey and Harrison. Nathan hasn't been down there to confront her yet, as Agent Matthews thinks once Hayley wakes up, they can face her together. We have talked about her punishment, which was death, but Agent Matthews wants Hayley to make the final decision on the punishment which we all agreed with.

I'm currently making sure our bedroom is sorted in the cabin and putting the finishing touches to it. I made it big enough with an en-suite bathroom for us. The cabin has five bedrooms, a big kitchen, three bathrooms, and a huge lounge but also I have made sure we have plenty of area for guests.

I have been working on this all through the eight days.

I can hear singing coming from downstairs.

I swear if I have to hear him sing one more time, I can hear chuckling in my head as Jake laughs. "Harrison is happy," he says and looks at me. "He is going to be a dad," he says.

Harrison and Emma just recently found out that they are expecting which is great news. I found out from Summer, who knew I was having a hard time being happy for everyone at the moment.

Harrison has this stupid cheesy grin on his face, which we know is because of Emma, but the baby is making it bigger.

His singing comes to a stop. "Hey Theo," he shouts. "You're nearly done up there."

"Yeah," I shout back to him as I head out of the door and down the stairs to find him leaning on the wall.

"Shall we go," he says.

I nod.

We both leave the cabin; I turn around and lock up.

I walk towards Harrison's car, but he is staring back at the cabin. "This was such a good idea," he says and looks at me. "Hayley will love it."

I nod but do not say anything. I have been praying to the Moon Goddess to bring Hayley back to me.

We both climb into the car and head back to the pack house.