Invitation

1800

Aziraphale had finally found the right space to open his bookshop in and he was thrilled, he spent the better part of three weeks putting all his books into the shop, he had to travel all over the world to do so as he had hidden book caches everywhere, in almost every country. He was walking about his shop organising his books when there was a knock at the door.

"We don't open until tomorrow!" shouted the angel

"Its me angel, Open up"

Aziraphale recognised the voice of his 'friend', the demon Crowley. They weren't exactly friends but they did have an arrangement, which meant they kept bumping into each other. Aziraphale walked over to the front door and peaked out the window, he saw the demon standing there waiting for the angel. Aziraphale opened the door and stood there looking at the demon.

"Hello Crowley, what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Just thought I'd swing by see how you were"

"That's awfully kind of you but I am perfectly fine as you can see"

"Just thought I'd check in" said Crowley before he walked away

The angel hated being rude to people, even if the man he was being rude to was a demon. On the other hand he was due an inspection by the angels of heaven that day and he didn't want them catching Crowley anywhere near the shop until it was over, the angels would surly smell him and Aziraphale couldn't have that, it would put Crowley in danger.

That night after the angel inspection team had left, Aziraphale plopped down in his chair and sighed, he hated the way he left things with Crowley. There was of course nothing he could do about it at the moment. That was until there was a knock at the front door once again.

"One moment!"

Aziraphale smartened up and walked up to the front door and opened it to reveal the demon standing there.

"Crowley, your back"

"I need to talk to you"

"Alright then" said the angel who walked back into his bookshop thinking the demon had followed him.

"Uhh Angel?"

Aziraphale looked back to see the demon still stood outside the front door.

"You need to invite me inside"

"Ah yes I do apologise, do come in my dear"

The demon took one step across the threshold of the store before he walked fully In and closed the door behind him.

"I'm sorry about before, I had angels coming here and I didn't want them sensing you here"

"Wait what?"

"I was getting inspected by angels and they would have smelled you here, I didn't want them going after you so I was quite rude to get you to leave, I do apologise"

"Oh I thought you...Nevermind"

"So what is it you wanted to discuss?"

"Oh right I uh...I cant make lunch this month"

"Oh that's alright, we can skip this month"

"Thanks angel, the place looks nice" said the demon who was scarping the bottom of the complement barrel.

"You really think so?"

"Uhh yes, its nice"

"I'm glad you like it my dear"

"Well I better be off but I'll see you at lunch next month?"

"Next month it is angel"