Scars

Could be a second part to 'Bus Ride Home' or can be a separate one-shot. Up to you.

:) Thanks for all the support. Feel free to request Stories:) On with the story

****

The demon woke up in his bed, he lay there staring up at the ceiling remembering that the angel was staying with him for a while due to the fire at the bookshop. The angel still had not seen the shop, he didn't want to, not until he was ready which he was no where near and the demon was quite happy to wait, he liked having a roommate, he wasn't lonely anymore.

Crowley had gotten out of bed and stretched, he walked out of his room with nothing but black, silk PJ bottoms on, that's how he slept and he liked it, he didn't even consider it might make Aziraphale uncomfortable and he didn't particularly care.

Crowley walked into the open plan kitchen, living and dinning room to see the angel sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea in hand, he was watching the ITV news.

"Mornin' Angel" said Crowley as he walked past the back of the couch and towards the kitchen.

"Good morning Crowley, how did you sleep?"

"Alright I guess, you?"

"Very well thank you, the bed was very comfortable"

"Good to hear it" said Crowley who began making a pot of coffee.

Crowley poured his coffee when there was a knock at the door, he put his cup down and walked towards his door, he opened it and there stood the mail man.

"Morning Sir, here's your mail" said the man handing him a bunch of letters and the paper.

"Thanks" said Crowley who took his mail and closed the door.

He walked back to the kitchen where he left his coffee and took it over to his armchair and sat down putting his coffee on the side table as he began to look through his mail, Crowley glanced at Aziraphale who was staring at the demon and Crowley had no idea why.

Aziraphale pov

The angel watched Crowley as he walked to the kitchen and put on the coffee pot and he saw that the Demons skin was littered with scars, they were everywhere, he could even see some coming out from under his waistband.

Aziraphale tried to watch the demon without him knowing but he was doing a piss poor job of it and the demon had noticed he was watching him.

3rd person pov

Crowley sat down in his armchair and looked through his mail when he finally had enough.

"Angel why are you staring at me?" 

"I wasn't" lied the angel

"You are a terribly liar, just tell me"

The angel sighed and said "I didn't know about them that's all"

"About what?"

"Your scars my dear, I've never seen them before, I didn't know you had them"

Crowley looked down at his torso and saw the plentiful scars littered all over his body.

"How did you get them?" asked the angel

"Well uh...some are from the war, others from falling but the rest are from my various adventures over the years"

"Why don't you just heal them?" asked the angel curious, he had miracled away lots of his own injuries in the past and wondered why the demons hadn't.

"Because, every scar has a story, I remember where I was and what I was doing when I got every one of them"

"They're like a book" realised the angel "A book of your life"

"I guess they are" smiled the demon as he looked at the paper and drank his coffee.

"Tell me about one of them" said the angel

Crowley looked up at the angel with a raised eyebrow and smiled a little before moving and sitting next to the angel, he then went on to explain what happened to him when he received the scar on his left shoulder.

Crowley proceeded to tell the angel about every one of his scars and the story behind them and they had spent the rest of the day doing it. Every scar with its own story and that was just how the demon liked it.

****

Scars tell the stories of where you've been, they don't dictate where you're going:)

Behind every scar is an untold story of survival:)

Never be ashamed of your scars, it simply means you were stronger that what hurt you:)