Snake Problems

The end of the world had been avoided and Aziraphale and Crowley had been spending more time together now that they were free from Heaven and Hell.

Aziraphale was running his bookshop and Crowley was in the coffee shop across the road getting coffee for himself and Aziraphale.

He walked out the shop and across the road and into the bookshop.

"Angel you here?"

"In the back dear"

"I brought coffee" said Crowley putting the angels Oat milk Latte on his desk.

The angel came through from the back and saw the demon sitting down in the sofa in the shop.

"What did you say dear?"

"Coffee" said the demon nodding at his desk

"Ah thank you dear"

Aziraphale sat down at his desk and drank his coffee and got back to work. Crowley was changing the way he sat on the sofa every few minutes and it was irritating the angel, just a little.

Aziraphale turned to look at the demon and asked "Are you alright dear?"

"Yeah why?"

"You are repositioning yourself every few minutes" said the angel with a raised eyebrow

"Sorry, I'm just a bit antsy"

"Why?"

"Actually I don't know"

Aziraphale walked over to the demon and sat down next to him. Aziraphale took his hand and sensed something that didn't seem quite right.

"A part of you seems dormant somehow"

"Dormant?" questioned Crowley as he looked at the angel

"Yes like a part of you is buried within.....your snake" realised the angel

"My snake?"

"He needs to get out dear, how long has it been since you transformed?"

Crowley stood up and walked away from the angel.

"Its been a while"

"How long is a while?"

" *sigh* A few centuries" mumbled the demon

"No wonder you're antsy, the snake is a part of you my dear, let him out"

"Yeah cause a giant red and black snake wouldn't freak everybody out" said Crowley with a hell of a lot of sarcasm.

"Ah of course I forgot he was quite big"

"Which is why its been a few centuries, it was getting to hard not to be seen" said the demon who took a drink of his coffee

Aziraphale stood up and walked up to the demon.

"I'm sorry my dear"

"Its alright, there's nothing I can do about it"

"You can change your size as a demon can't you do it with the snake?" questioned the angel

"It doesn't work like that angel"

"But you could lose the snake forever if he stays dormant for too long"

"I'm okay with that angel"

"I'm not, that snake is a part of you, I'd hate for you to lose it"

"Angel I really am okay with it, I've gotten used to life without it"

"Is that truly how you feel?"

"Yeah"

"Very well then, its your choice"

Crowley spent a few hours watching Aziraphale work before he left the bookshop and drove home where he had a breakdown. He smashed everything in his apartment and cried the entire time, despite his demeanour earlier he was gutted that was losing such a big part of himself but he didn't want the angel to know how bad he really felt.

He avoided the angel for weeks after that and he sat in the same place in his apartment. The angel had knocked on his door many times during those weeks but Crowley never answered the door nor did the angel miracle himself inside which the demon silently thanked him for.

It was almost a month before Crowley got up and got back to his usual self, he visited the angel who was quite worried about him but of course he lied his way past the angels worry. Crowley was quite quiet for a while as he mourned the loss of his snake but there was nothing he could do.