Lies

Crowley had lied to Aziraphale and he had gotten so wracked with guilt that he had started an argument with him instead of talking about it. The argument had gotten quite bad and Crowley was about lose control of his demonic side and so he walked out...that was three days ago.

Crowley didn't want to lie to his angel...no, not his angel, just the angel. He wanted him to be his but he didn't know how to go about it and so he let his feelings fester, he hoped they would die but it had been over 80 years and they were still causing havoc on his life.

Crowley was lying in the back seat of his Bentley trying to get some sleep when it began to rain which was quite annoying as the water was pounding the roof of the car which made it impossible to sleep.

Crowley sat up and climbed into the front before getting out of the car and going for a walk in the pouring rain.

Two hours later he hadn't realised he had ended up across the road from the bookshop. He looked in the window and saw the angel sitting at his desk staring into space. The street was like a ghost town which meant that the angel noticed when there was one person in the street.

Aziraphale walked out the front door and stood there waiting for Crowley to make the first move, which he did. The demon walked towards the bookshop with his hands under their opposite armpits trying to keep warm. Crowley stopped just inches off the pavement before the angel.

"I'm sorry" he said still standing in the rain...without his sunglasses.

"Oh you silly serpent, why?"

"I...."

"You could've told me"

Crowley looked at Aziraphale with a confused look, what on earth was he talking about?

"You dropped your wall during the argument, I....I felt your love for me"

"Aziraphale I..."

The angel walked out into the rain and up to the demon. He put his hand on the demons cheek and smiled.

Crowley looked quite surprised especially when the angel leaned forward a little looking for hesitance, but when there was none he pressed his lips onto the demons in a beautiful and wet kiss.

Crowley maneuvered his arms around the angels neck and carded one hand into his hair. The kiss seemed to last hours when in reality it was only a minute.

Aziraphale pulled away and asked "Why did you leave?"

"I....I didn't want to lose it in front of you....its not pretty"

"Oh Crowley"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry angel I...." pleaded the demon who leaned his forehead onto the angels

"Shh its okay dear, lets get out of the rain, yes?"

Crowley nodded and felt the angel take his hand and lead him inside the shop and out of the rain.

Aziraphale led Crowley over to the sofa through the back, he miracled up some hot coco and some warm blankets.

"You started the argument on purpose, didn't you?"

Crowley nodded keeping his gaze to the hot chocolate in his hands, he couldn't bare to face Aziraphale after what he had done.

"Why? You know you can talk about anything with me"

"That's exactly why, I CANT talk about stuff with you!" exclaimed Crowley who put his coco on the coffee table and stood up.

"I....I don't understand"

Crowley sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "I have....felt....that for over 80 years and every time I tried to talk to you about it, you somehow managed to change the subject or you simply brushed me off so I just stopped and pushed them down"

"Oh Crowley"

"I mean I get it, you'd get into trouble, so would I, but now I guess I..."

"You hoped something would change" said Aziraphale who managed to finish Crowley's sentence "Crowley I am so sorry, I never realised what you were trying to say...I suppose I never gave you the chance, I'm sorry"

"Instead of telling you I just kept lying to you and I...I guess it caught up to me, I was angry at myself not you, never you" Crowley mumbled that last part but the angel heard it right enough. "I never meant to take it out on you"

Aziraphale sat there finally giving Crowley the floor. He had unintentionally taken every chance from him for a long time and he wasn't going to do it again.

"Then when the argument got bad I could feel my demonic side getting to close to the surface and so I left to keep you safe...from me"

"Are you alright now that you have talked about it?"

"I guess I feel a little better"

Aziraphale stood up and walked up to the demon, who turned to face him.

"The love I felt from you was immense and true, I cannot believe you kept that inside for so long, I'm sorry you ever had to, can we agree to talk about how we feel and not keep it inside? no more intentional arguments"

Crowley nodded

"Words please dear"

"Alright I...promise"

"There now, we should talk more but we both seem to be quite tired so I think tomorrow is a good a time as any to talk"

"Agreed"

"Do you want to head back to your flat or stay here?"

"I....*sigh* I don't have my flat anymore" confessed Crowley as he sat down to the sofa.

"What?"

"Hell owns it, it came with the job so I got evicted"

"Crowley we've been free for months where have you been living?" asked Aziraphale who knelt down on the floor before the demon.

"My car" mumbled Crowley "I didn't want to bother you"

"Crowley, you are more than welcome to stay here, I do have a spare room"

"I know and I also knew you'd ask me to stay when you found out, I didn't want to be a burden on you"

"You are anything but a burden" said the angel who placed his hand round the back of the demons head

Crowley looked at Aziraphale and a silent tear left his eye.

"Oh my dear you really have no idea how much I love you, do you?"

"Angel...."

"You mean so much to me Crowley, more than I ever thought possible, you are my best friend, my protector, my demon, my Crowley, my love and so much more, I love you Crowley"

"I...I love you too Aziraphale"

I love you too Aziraphale"