Jiu Qiansui 29

Lu Yanzhou's enthronement ceremony and the empress crowning were all held in a low-key manner.

When the empress was granted the title, they did not actually say that the empress was Xie Chengze. The decree only stated that the empress was 'Wang'.

Officials in the capital all knew that the 'Wang' in the decree referred to Xie Chengze — the one wearing the phoenix crown that day was Xie Chengze.

It's just that the world is not stable now, so they can't go against the whole world. This is why Xie Chengze wants to change his name and identity.

Lu Yanzhou granting king to Wang Ze, a direct descendant of the Wang family, and granting king to a eunuch from the former dynasty who was 'full of evil' is a big difference!

One must know that Xie Chengze has been under attack for more than ten years. Some scholars even blamed him for the demise of the former dynasty. Many people also felt that their lives were so miserable because there was such a hateful eunuch around the emperor.

After the matters concerning his enthronement were completed, Sun Chongshao was escorted to the capital, and Sun Chongshao's surrendered soldiers were also placed around the capital.

However, the sphere of influence that Sun Chongshao has managed for many years has not been taken back by Lu Yanzhou. Now, Sun Chongshao's generals, leading hundreds of thousands of troops, are entrenched there.

In the north, there are still many areas controlled by DaYan's generals and officials.

What Lu Yanzhou actually controls now is only two-fifths of DaYan's territory.

Fortunately, Lu Yanzhou has trained a lot of people in the past few years, so those people can help him fight and conquer these places now.

Moreover, he has ascended the throne now and is an orthodox person. When he goes to fight, those people are more likely to surrender, so no merit will be deducted even if there are casualties.

The new dynasty had just been established, so there were a lot of things to do. Lu Yanzhou was very busy. Under such circumstances, Xie Chengze, who had many years of experience in handling government affairs, was captured by him.

Lu Yanzhou left most of the government affairs to Xie Chengze while he worked on agriculture and education all day long.

He really wanted to build a new society where everyone was equal.

But at this stage, this is impossible.

Most people in this era have never read books, so they simply cannot understand many things.

There are even people in some places who don't even know who the emperor is. They have been controlled by powerful landowners for generations, so they have always listened to the words of powerful landowners.

If Lu Yanzhou wants to change them, he needs to feed them first, then let their children go to school and teach their children various knowledge.

All of this must be done slowly.

Facing Lu Yanzhou, who ran around in the fields all day long and pushed the matter of going to morning court to him, Xie Chengze was a little confused.

He had thought about fighting for power and wanted to firmly control that power so that Lu Yanzhou wouldn't leave him easily.

However, Lu Yanzhou directly thrust all kinds of rights into his hands...This was definitely something he had never thought of.

Does Lu Yanzhou believe him so much?

One must know that the late Emperor Yan, who was killed by him, did not have as much power as what Lu Yanzhou gave him!