8

"So tell me about this boy?" Her mother asked sitting down with the girl as James and his father were in the study talking.
"Oh mother, he's just... well him." She smiled sipping her drink.
"Honestly when I got your letter about him I couldn't believe it." She had always had a great relationship with her mother ever since she was a child. The two sat there talking about Sirius and everything that had happened this year. "So James is okay with you two dating?"
"He wasn't at first he tried to fight Sirius after but he calmed down eventually" her mother nodded taking her cup.
"Let me get another drink and we can talk some more before dinner" her mother left the room and she heard rapid knocking at the door.
"Oh mother!" She got no reply so huffed walking to the door. "Okay okay, I'm coming." She opened the door to see Sirius black stood in bloody clothes.
"I had no where else to go." He said out of breath, she took in his bloody face turned around.
"James! Father! Quickly!" She shouted catching her boyfriend as he stumbled taking a step. She heard the foot steps and her mother appeared.
"Marlin what happened!" They helped the boy into the sitting room sitting him down. Her mother ran to get James and his father leaving the two alone.
"Did she do this to you?" Lena asked helping him out of his snow covered jacket and cleaning the blood from his face. "Sirius?" He looked at her with sad eyes and gulped.
"I promised I would come here if it was to bad." He reached out a bloody hand cupping her face. "I'm sorry."
"Why are you apologising? God look at you." The door opened and in rushed James and his father.
"Sirius! Are you alright?" James came over as their mother appeared with some clothes and her wand. Beginning to fix up the broken boy.
"I'm sorry to barge in here me and mrs potter, I had no where else to go and earlier this year your children so kindly offered help if I needed it and well.. I'm slightly worse for wear." Mr potter stepped forward. He looked like his son it was almost uncanny, sharply dressed but not stiff and unforgiving like his own father. The man looked kind.
"Don't apologise my boy, I'm glad you got out. I hope you don't mind but James has explained your situation, please feel free to stay here as long as you wish. We have plenty of spare rooms.
"Tomorrow I will find a place I promise it's just-"
"Nonsense Sirius." Mrs potter spoke up. "You can stay here as long as you need. If you don't want to go back then you can stay." Sirius looked at the siblings for reassurance and James smiled.
"We turn 17 in a year Sirius, move in with us and until we can move in together like we planned." Sirius looked at his girlfriend who gave a warm smile.
"Please Sirius, it will stop us worrying about you." He tried getting up and managed it with Lena's help and held out a hand to shake me potters.
"Thank you for your hospitality." Mr potter chuckled hugging the boy.
"We hug in this household, now let set the table for dinner, I'm sure you're hungry and I'm rather looking forward to a meal cooked by my daughter."

He experienced more love in the house in 2 months than he had his whole life. He couldn't believe it the potters did everything together. A lot of the time he spent with mr potter and James in the study talking about the world and life lessons, some days he spent a helping mrs potter and Evangeline cook. It amazes him that Evangeline spent her time doing anything and everything to be with her family. He hadn't seen a home where people acted as a family and not just some people shoved into the same house. In the evening the parents retired leaving the teens to sit and talk, the only rule was don't drink the good stuff and no sharing rooms without asking. He loved the caring nature of the family, the way both parents took so much pride in their children. On the last night Evangeline sat on the floor sewing a hole up that Sirius had made in his shirt while Mrs potter was braiding her hair. Mr potter listened as James spoke of school and all the fun things they did while pouring each of them a drink.
"Perhaps in the summer we could all go to the beach? Bring lily and ask Remus and Peter."
"What a lovely idea." Miss potter said "don't forget we must sort the back to school things." It struck Sirius that he would be 17 by then and the money his uncle had left would be his, perhaps he will treat his friends when that happens.