25

That was their final year at hogwarts the group was happy shortly after this Sirius and Evangeline moved in together, James and lily decided to get engaged. Remus moved down the street with Peter and the group were I separable more so than with their school days. One day a knock on the door had Sirius confused.
"Creature?" The house elf looked to his master holding a letter gingerly.
"Master Sirius, I bring news. Your mother passed this morning, I was instructed to give this to you." He handed his master the letter and stood awkwardly.
"What will you do now?" Creature fiddled with his clothes keeping his eyes down.
"My duty sees me here with you master Sirius." Sirius opened the door wide allowing him in.
"Evangeline?" The woman appeared with a kind smile seeing the house elf she seemed confused. "This is creature my family's elf, my mother died this morning." Her face dropped insure of what to say. "May he work for us? Being the only surviving black he's under my care."
"If that's what he would like then of course, I can make up one of the bedrooms. I-"
"Miss Evangeline potter. The lady of the house, forgive me miss potter I've heard quite a bit about you from master regulus." Her eyes shot to her lover placing a hand over her scarred wrist.
"We don't mention that name in this household creature not after... well I'm sure you know." Creature nodded bowing slightly.
"I apologise master Sirius I did not mean to offend you or lady potter."
"That's quite alright creature. Come let's see to that room." The two headed up the stairs as Sirius looked at the letter opening the black family seal he sighed reading.
Sirius,
I am writing to you now, it's been a week since you left and mothers rage know no bounds. She has completely destroyed your room, I'm giving this letter to creature in the event something happens to me. I fear mother is planning something concerning you and Lena, I overheard her talking about revenge on a blood traitor with the dark lord.
If I am unable to send this letter then you will be unaware of what happens to me, just know that I am sorry and I love you both dearly.
Your brother, regulus.

He walked up the stairs into the room that Evangeline and creature were in.
"Yes miss I was released from my service by master Sirius years ago, I chose to stay for the boys then when Mistress black became sick she was all alone and well I never forgave her for what she did to those boys I didn't want to leave her alone."
"Creature." Sirius said from the doorway. "This letter... do you know what happened to regulus." Creature took a shaky breath
"Perhaps creature might make some tea and discuss this is a better setting master Sirius."
"Very well." The elf left the room and Sirius handed her the letter. "I don't think regulus hurt you of his own accord Lena." She read the letter in confusion trying to make sense of it all.
"I don't understand." She said looking to him.
The 3 sat in the parlour waiting for creature to begin.
"Master regulus spoke very highly of you miss potter." He took a seat and with a heavy heart began to tell the tale of regulus black. "Mistress black was beside herself with grief at loosing the heir to the family, the night before young regulus returned to hogwarts he gave creature the letter gave me instructions to give it to master Sirius if anything happened to him. Mistress black cast the imprio spell upon him the next thing I heard he had attacked miss potter in the library. Creature thought it was strange he always said how much he cared for miss potter." The couple looked to one another in complete shock. His mothers doing, all of it. The pain, the sleepless nights, the hate they held for the young black. It was all her. "After that master regulus took creature to a place in the sea. There was a necklace in poison, master regulus drank until it was gone and gave creature the necklace he told creature to hide it somewhere safe and made creature take a vowel to not reveal it until the prophecy was fulfilled, creature left but master regulus never came back. Creature waited."
"What prophecy?" Evangeline asked placing her yea to one side.
"Creature knows not, master said he would know when it happened. Master regulus always spoke in riddles towards the end."
"My brother was not a monster, this whole time." Sirius let his tears fall.
"Creature is sorry master Sirius he was shown to not say a word."