54

"You have done beautifully, now let me take it from here."harry nodded to his godfather and they stood up ready to face the death eaters. The spells were throbbed when a cloud of smoke and a scream stopped everyone dead. Bellatrix had entered the camber holding the hair of Lena with a wand to her neck.
"Don't test me cousin." Sirius took it in her chained hands heavy and limp as she knelt infront of Bella. Her face and body were bloody and bruised and her eyes were completely clouded over. Remus stepped closer to harry and Bellatrix chuckled bending down slightly. "If only you could see who's here..." she let out a whimper when the wand was pushing into her skin. "Drop your wands." Bellatrix commanded and the group hesitated.
"Bellatrix-"
"Do not test me!" Evangeline gasped hearing his voice.
"Sirius?" Bellatrix laughed at pathetic sound and Sirius felt sick.
"Drop your wands or you can say goodbye to her." A sound sent the room into a frenzy harry threw the ball on the ground breaking the prophecy.
"Nice one James!" Sirius shouted and she knew this was the moment, Bellatrix raised her wand and it all happened so fast Evangeline gasped like the air had been knocked out of her her cloudy eyes wide when something ripped through her body. Bellatrix had ran. Evangeline pushed herself from the floor taking the blow. A stutter of words and frantic wand movements meant the killing curse failed but something worse saw the skin on her arm and chest tear open. She fell to the ground shaking violently and letting out a strangled scream. Sirius was frozen, his mind taking him back to the night of the library. Remus was on his knees beside her.
"It's alright, it's alright." He placed a hand on her shoulder and she screamed out in pain almost animalistic. "Sirius! Sirius! Get your Arse over here and help me!" He shouted pulling out his wand but the spells left his mind completely. Her breathing was rapid and sharp as her body shook uncontrollably. "It's alright... Sirius!" Harry had appeared against and was knelt by her side taking off his jumper. "Bellatrix?"
"Gone. Healers are coming." Remus nodded and looked at his friend still frozen.
"Keep pressure on that hard pressure." Harry nodded and Remus stumbled to Sirius slapping him harshly. "Your wife is bleeding out on the floor. This is not the time for shock Sirius!" All of a sudden he was at her side, her shackles her undone and he was brushing the hair out of her face.
"My darling. Can you hear me?" She choked a little and spoke quietly he leant forward to hear her.
"James..." she whispered and he was overcome by grief.
"James! Don't you dare take her from me! She's not ready yet!

In her mind she stood in the middle of the path. The door was open and James stood with open arms. She heard a little girl laughing and she took a step closer.
"Come home Lena... your daughters waiting... I'm waiting." She reached out hearing something behind her and frowned.
"Don't you dare leave me! I'm not ready yet! Evangeline!" She looked at James unsure and his smile dropped.
"I can't... I'm sorry Jamie..." he smiled a little.
"I know I'll look after her until you're ready. Tell Harry I love him." She smiled with tears rolling down her face.
"I'll look after harry." She turned around hearing the screaming and finally reached the gate turning to see her brother smiling at her. "You'll wait for me?"
"Always"

She let out a gasp feeling nothing but pain as she screamed.
"Oh thank Merlin!" Sirius grabbed her hand as she whimpered in pain.
"Sirius..."
"I'm here darling, Remus too and harry." She reached out a hand.
"I knew it was coming, I couldn't let it, I couldn't. Harry, harry." He took her hand and Remus moved back as someone walked in to help. He explained what had happened in hushed words.
"I'm here auntie. I'm right here."
"He love you harry. Your father, he loves you." She struggled to speak and and gasped a little in pain.
"Save your strength alright. Tell us later alright." Sirius shushed her someone came close and a spell was said a blinding light faded into her skin and the wounds began to close her breathing began to steady its self as she gripped Sirius' hand. He helped her sit up slowly and the healer came closer.
"Let's see what we can do here..."