57

It was a cold night when the order convened at the black manor. Lena stood at the bottom of the stairs when Remus bought harry through the front door, Sirius came in from the study seeing the state harry was in. He ran to his aunt hugging her and sobbing while she stroked his hair.
"It's alright, I've got you, it's okay." She took a deep breath. "Sirius go and meet with the others, come on harry let's get you cleaned up." He nodded going up the stairs Lena turned to follow him when Sirius placed a hand on her wrist stopping her from following. She turned back her eyes slightly clearer today than they had been in weeks.
"He needs to be there Lena." She shook her head turning fully to him.
"He needs consoling Sirius, he's a child, Not a soldier. He shouldn't have been raised for this. None of us should have. I'm not going to subject him to anything more tonight, the order can wait for names until tomorrow. He needs to feel safe right now." Sirius let her go almost feeling bad for suggesting harry stay. Without another word she walked up the stairs, once she was out of sight Sirius straightened his blazer trying to ignore Harry's cries from upstairs, he walked with Remus into the sitting room to meet the others. The faces in the room looked solemn, some had been crying but everyone was tense. The greatest wizard of his time had been murdered today and the safest place in the wizarding world had been compromised, the children of the people in that room were now in imminent danger and no one knew how to handle that face.
"What's the plan? Alstor?" The man was quite as he contemplated what to say as Sirius walked over taking a seat and pulling a cigarette from his pocket.
"We carry on, we don't have the luxury to mourn right now. He was a great man, he will be missed but there is a war to fight. Where is harry?"
"Lena is putting him to bed, she's insisting that we wait til the morning to speak with him." The group knew better than to argue with the lady of the house and said nothing more. Sirius placed his elbows of the table leaning forward as Remus spoke.
"Alstor I'll send you the names of those involved tomorrow, do we have any idea how they got into the castle?" He asked passing Sirius a lighter for his cigarette and sitting back in his chair. That was the question they all wondered, were the children safe and if not what could they do.
"Minerva is investigating, we think it's a student helping them." Sirius nodded and Kingsley cleared his throat.
"Harry will have to go into hiding, I fear the war may be reaching boiling point. It's not safe for him here." Sirius signed knowing he was right but god that was going to be a struggle, she had raised this boy and protected him all these years. Sirius knew as well as anyone she wouldn't want to give him up that easily.
"I'll speak to Lena, she won't want him out of her sight." A owl flew through the window dropping a letter into Alstors lap, he opened up looking shocked. Remus had a pit in his stomach seeing alstors reaction to that letter, he knew what ever it was it was going to be bad.
"What is it?" Everyone in the room suddenly looked up and listened closely for what was about to be told.
"Scrimgeour, he's been killed... the death eaters have the ministry."
"Well, this changes things."