41

The front door opened and the girl walked in finding the boys in the kitchen talking quietly about something. Their voices turned from a whisper to silence in a matter of seconds, lily wasted no time in going to her husband while Lena lingered in the doorway a moment longer.
"Hey..." Sirius gave a unsure smile and turned to face her slightly, she pointed behind her to the hall and seemed to be fiddling with her wedding band nervously.
"Can we talk?" He nodded placing a hand on her back and guiding her to the study, she removed the letter from her pocket and noticed the sick rising up her throat but was unsure if it was the hormones or her nervousness, a few hours ago she was sure their marriage was over now she was about to deliver the news that their marriage wasn't a complete failure.
"Was everything okay at the hospital?" She nodded taking a seat as he poured a drink passing her one which was placed down on the table, Sirius noted how strange that was, Lena never one to turn down a drink especially when she was stressing over the conversation they were about to have it. Sirius had walked into that room with one thing on his mind, the war and their part in it. "The order thinks it might be a good idea for you to go into hiding... I can't say I disagree." She looked up from her lap seeing him leant against the desk with a strange sense of relaxation to anyone looking in but she knew her husband, Sirius refused to sit when he was nervous. It was a trait he shared with her brother and a father annoying at that.
"Would you come with me?" He sighed taking a sip of his drink and offering a cigarette which she declined, he frowned his brows together taking his own and not waiting a single moment to light it hiding his face in a cloud of smoke.
"I wanted to talk to you about that... I feel my place is here, fighting this war to bring you home. But I want you safe." She looked down at the letter in her lap and let out a breath, of course Sirius would do this. Make himself a martyr and refuse to back down from anything. "I know what you're going to say but Lena, I can't sit back and do nothing while this continues. I have a chance to make the world a better place, you may not understand right now but you will one day." God he wouldn't stop for a moment, she knew these were normally one sided conversations and when Sirius black had something in his mind he was entirely focus, James once joked he should run for minister with that mind set and hell he was right his usual Sirius charm would've seen him elected anyway.
"Sirius..." he took her hand in his looking at her concerned about how upset she might be. In reality, the woman was just hoping to get a word in before he started ranting about the future which she knew was a long shot.
"This won't be easy Lena, it's going to break me not being with you but-"
"Sirius I need to tell you something." He picked up the letter holding him out to him. This is it, this is the moment, don't let it pass.
"What is it? Merlin don't tell me you're leaving me. I know I fucked up leaving you but come on Lena you know I wouldn't-" she smiled a little only worrying him more, her hands were shaking as she held it out to him.
"Just read it Sirius, please." He took it from her and stood up reading the words on the page and his eyes darted to her. "I wanted to tell you a bit more romantically but we don't exactly have time for that." He was just stuck on her, eyes refusing to break away. She laughed nervously standing up. "Sirius say something? Are you not happy?" He dropped the letter to the ground and embraced her tightly.
"No Lena, I'm more happy than you'll ever know. Merlin, I don't think I've ever been this happy except for our wedding day." She smiled up at him placing a hand on his cheek. His eyes were swimming with relief and he let out a light chuckle. "I thought you wanted a divorce for a moment then."
"You're going to be a father..."
"I'm- shit- I'm gonna be a dad... holy shit!" He picked her up spinning her around earning a few giggles. "We're having a baby." He put her down opening the door and standing in the hall. "Prongs! Mooney! I'm gonna be a dad! Holy shit! We're having a baby!" He looked back at Lena who was smiling at his reaction and he paced over to her grabbing her face and kissing her. "This is the best gift you could've given me Lena, I love you." Their friends gathered in the hall and Sirius was too busy to notice Remus slipping out the front door and away from the scene for his heart couldn't take anymore moment and now he had to truly face that he had lost her forever.