40

"Who knew that Mrs black was here alone." Alstor asked as the group sat around in the lounge.
"James, me, and Remus." Sirius said, it was just them, the girls had gone to the hospital, Lena was rather persistent about needing to go despite her wounds being healed. "Me and Remus were together and James was at home with his son and wife." Alstor huffed out in annoyance.
"What about this prophecy, what was it?"
"That a child born by September would destroy the dark lord. Which applies to harry." Dumbledor who had been quite until now spoke up.
"Perhaps mr potter, we should arrange for you and your family to go into hiding... mr black you and Evangeline too. It is clear that you are no longer safe here. And if the dark lord himself connects the prophecy to harry..."
"He will kill us all." James sat back in his seat.
"So that's it? We won't see eachother until this is over?" Sirius said in anger.
"Sirius it's for the best."
"No fuck that! I'm not going however long without my family!"
"Pads, we have to keep them safe. He could come at anytime! We were lucky we didn't find her dead today. I don't know about you but I'm not burying anyone else, especially not my own son or my sister." Sirius went quite, he weighed it up in his mind. A few months of no contact, what's that in their long lives. He had a chance to go away with his wife and have a family away from all the danger that came with the war, but the thought of him sitting back and doing nothing while the rest of the world suffered didn't please him at all. Sirius wanted to fight, he wanted to be a part of it all.
"I want to fight." He said and everyone took a moment to process.
"Sirius you understand that if you stay Evangeline will go into hiding on her own? If anything happens to her you won't know until it is too late."
"Pads think about this for a moment." James begged and Sirius looked at Remus.
"Would you take her? Look after her?" Remus was taken back by this just two days ago he was leaving her over Remus' infatuation with her now he was proposing that Remus take her and run away.
"Mr lupin is needed on a urgent mission to help us get the wolves on side. I cannot afford to loose him in this war." Sirius stood up.
"I'm not Sitting this war out."
"Pads take a few days, think about this okay? I need Lena looked after."
"Then take her with you James. She's can help with harry and you'll all be together." It was selfish of him really, he wanted the fame and the glory that came with fighting. He hadn't stopped to think about how she might feel being sent away like that.
"This meeting is over, mr black can have some time to think about this clearly. We can start finding safe houses for you all this afternoon. I'll send an owl with the details." The two left the boys sat alone, the air thick with disbelief and Sirius' refusal to see his wife safe.

"I don't understand, why was this so important Evie?" Lily asked as Lena sighed.
"Pull over."
"What?"
"Pull over." Lily did as asked and she opened her bag pulling out a letter and passing it to her friend.
"Evie... this is..."
"Confirmation. I had to get checked because I'm pregnant lily. I found out last week. I was worried after the attack and all the stress... the baby's fine." Lily smiled only for it to fade when she saw her friends tears.
"What is it? This is happy news!"
"What if he's still leaving me lily? What then? I raise a child alone?" Lily grabbed her friends hand smiling hopefully.
"No, you have me and James! You're never alone. You'll see the moment Sirius find out he'll be the happiest man alive."
"Can you promise that lily?" She closed her mouth and her smile was as gone as Lena's "exactly."