12

Evangeline had decided to stay at hogwarts. She hadn't said a word since she woke up. Regulus was arrested and the other boys had no punishment as there was not proof of them being there, shortly after his arrest regulus escaped and went missing. Evangeline couldn't go near the library without having a panic attack. Lily had swapped rooms with Sirius for the time being every night Evangeline woke up screaming. One day Sirius woke up reaching out to empty sheets expecting to find his girlfriend, he opened his eyes seeing her brushing her hair out in the mirror.
"Come back to bed darling, we have no lessons today." She smiled walking over and climbing into his arms.
"Good morning honey." She said in a small voice and he shot up looking at her.
"What did you just say?" She frowned looking at him.
"Good morning." He hugged her tightly "I thought I'd never hear your voice again."
"Madam pomfry said I strained it with all the screaming and if it hurt not to speak, so I didn't." He groaned thinking he should've asked at the time, there was so much going on he just couldn't.
"Darling, I am so sorry for all of this." She sat up placing a hand on his cheek.
"Sirius this isn't your fault."
"He's my brother."
"And it wasn't you who did it. You can't be responsible for him your whole life." James and him had vowed never to tell her that they were there that night and did nothing to stop it. She returned to classes the next day a little nervous for her classmates to see her with the scars but had devised that she could not change it so why stress. Over the next few weeks the friends became concerned over her and how she pretended it never happened, she attended her classes and continued on. Everytime the incident was bought up she changed the subject this happened the day Sirius asked how she was feeling and the day James took her to the nurse for a check up, everytime her perents asked she would completely ignore that part of the letter.  My That was until her and Remus sat in the great hall studying while the others grabbed booked they needed and the slytherin boys from that night strolled in.
"Hey potter." She cringed slightly at Bartys use of her name. "How did you get those scars?" He chuckled as Remus stood the girl replied.
"How did you break you nose?" He frowned only to be punched at full strength by her sending him to the ground. Evan pulled out his wand as the other arrived meaning Sirius pulled her behind him with his own raised.
"I dare you." He warning with fire in his eyes when slughorn walked into the great hall seeing the sight.
"What is the meaning of this!"He pulled them all apart as mcgonigal entered questioning what was happening. "I have just found mr black threatening mr roiser and mr crouch bleeding on the floor."
"Sirius miss potter with me please." The two followed her to her office and took a seat as she did. "Well? An explanation?"
"Barty started it miss, I was studying when he came in and asked how I got my scars you know as well as I do he was there that night, so I punched him."
"Evan got his wand out first so I stepped in miss I don't know why they still go here." Mcgonigal pressed her lips together in a line.
"Be that as it may miss potter if your anger is a cause for struggle we shall have to do something about that and mr black seems to me Evangeline had the situation under control, as sweet as it is you wishing to come to her aid she is more than capable. 10 point will be taken from grifindor. However," she paused leaning forward. "For miss potters bravery I award you 15 if anyone asks it was for an essay." She two smiled slightly "now if I am not mistaken you both have study group then a party correct?" The two nodded. As she dismissed them the two walked down the hall as Sirius chuckled a little.
"What's so funny?" Lena turned to her boyfriend raising an eyebrow.
"You cracked straight away." He chuckled "you wouldn't not cope well under torture."
"I already did." He stopped walking as she continued realising what he had said.
"Lena I didn't mean that." She stopped cracking a small smile.
"I was kidding it's okay." He looked into her eyes and saw for a moment how cold they were almost like there was nothing behind them.
"Can we talk about it?" She thought for a moment before turning away.
"There's nothing to talk about, it happened it's in the past it's done. I'm fine." He walked beside her and took a deep breath.
"Lena... sweet-" he stopped himself from calling her the pet name. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that." She paused for a moment.
"It's okay Sirius really. I need to go get ready I'll meet you at the party." He smiled a little accepting her kiss and watching as she wondered off. Fine she was. No one seemed to notice to whiskey in her morning coffee or the trips to the astronomy tower to smoke pot she was getting from 4th years. Not even Sirius noticed the missing mirror she had taken to smashing then fixing before smashing again. James didn't notice the lack of food she was consuming and lily never noticed how she lingered in the toilets after fixing her makeup promising she would catch up. To everyone else she was adjusted and coping, she held a secret harder than the darkness that had grown in regulus himself.