38

Banging on the door pulled Remus from his sleep, he stumbled into the hall tying his robe and opening the door.
"Lena." She stood in just her dress with a tear stained face.
"Why couldn't you have just left it alone?" Remus looked around the dark street and opened his door wider.
"Come in. It's late, I'll call James alright?" She shook her head taking a step back when he reached out for her.
"I begged you to leave it alone! Why couldn't you just leave it!" She screamed, Peter had woken up at this point, he peaked out in the hall and Remus looked back at him. Call James he mouthed to his friend who nodded and retreated back into the bedroom.
"Lena, what's happened? Did you walk here?"
"Why Remus? Why did you do it?"
"Because I love you. And I'm not sorry. Now please come inside? We can talk okay? Where's Sirius?" She scoffed shaking her head.
"He gone Remus! Because you couldn't just leave me alone!"
"What do you mean he's gone?" He noticed it then, the blood all over her hands and knees. "Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" Remus suddenly felt that anger spark in him, that anger he hadn't felt since Sirius outed him.
"He fucking left me! God- it fucking hurts! Fuck!" A car pulled up and James climbed out.
"Lee what's wrong? What's going on?" James ran up the front garden but she backed away stumbling slightly making it painfully obvious she was drunk.
"It's all your fault!" She screamed at Remus who winced at her words extending a hand.
"Lena please, I love you, stop this."
"Bullshit!" She shouted louder than anyone had heard her shout before. "I was fucking happy Remus! If you loved me you would've let me be happy! You fucking ruined everything!" She looked down at the floor sinking to her knees and sobbing on the ground. "Why couldn't you let me be happy..." James got closer kneeling down to her.
"Come on Lena... that's enough yeah? You've made your point. Remus is real sorry, right Mooney?"
"Yeah... more than you'll ever know." Remus looked ashamed of his actions as james helped the crying girl up. "How can I make this right?" James said nothing until Remus grabbed his arm. "Prongs."
"Call Sirius, make this right with him. Then leave them alone Remus." James took Lena home seeing the state of the house. He put her to bed a started cleaning up.

"Pads? Pads it's me please don't hang up!"
"What the fuck do you want Remus!"
"Are you drunk?"
"Fuck off!" The phone went dead a Remus made a choice, he had spent an hour calling around some of the places Sirius owned and the last he had called was one he never thought Sirius would actually go back to. He arrived at grimmauld place just after midnight, he opened the door and walked into the pallor finding Sirius sat in a chair with a bottle of whiskey in hand.
"Pads..."
"Why are you here, haven't you done enough? What here to gloat? Finally got the girl?" Remus stayed by the doorway refusing to allow himself closer.
"No, Lena turned up on my doorstep screaming at me." Sirius have a curt nod and his face showed nothing but sadness.
"I should've listened to wormtail all those years ago. I never thought it would be you that would betray me Remus." Remus was hurt, he deserved it. He walked in pulling a chair opposite his friend who looked disgusted at his very presence.
"I've messed up Sirius."
"No shit. You've ruined my marriage." Remus shook his head leaning towards Sirius.
"No, I let her get away. I'll spend my whole life paying for it you know... don't be like me Sirius, don't let her get away."
"She hates me..."
"No, it's me she hates. She's right... if I loved her that much I should've let her be happy."
"Then why didn't you?" Sirius took a swig from the bottle and Remus chuckled a little.
"If the roles were reversed would you? Would you sit back and watch her be with me?" Sirius scoffed leaning back.
"Absolutely not." The two nodded in silence for a moment. "Think she'll forgive me?"
"She loves you too much not too, question is can you forgive me?" Sirius thought for a moment.
"We need to talk this out don't we?"
"Sirius, I don't care how long we have to sit here... I can't loose you as a friend."