32

It had been a few months since Sirius and Lena had married and went on a honeymoon that lasted longer than anticipated. 4 months longer to be specific. Every time Sirius wrote that they were staying longer James found Remus slumped over drunk in a bar or crying in bed. From the photos Lena sent they looked more in love than ever, constantly smiling and laughing. James sat with lily looking over the pictures with a sincere smile.
"We have to tell them to come home." Lily groaned at the thought passing him a picture of Lena curling her hair in the mirror, sirius leant down to kiss her cheek and the two were laughing.
"Can't we let them enjoy their time? Look at how happy they are."
"Lily, my parents are dying Lena needs to say goodbye and I think it's high time our best friends know about the baby." She placed a hand on her bump and nodded a little.
"Fine, but I want to tell them about the baby in person." With that the phone started ringing. It was time for the weekly phone call. Lily and James raced to the phone picking it up while lily went into the kitchen grabbing the other landline to listen.
"Potter residence."
"Hey Jamie!" Lena laughed on the other end, she was currently in a chateau in Paris watching a shirtless sirius walk into the room while she sit on the bed in a white lace gown with a glass of wine.
"Hey Lee! Lilys listening on the other phone."
"Hey Evie!" James smiled a little at the nickname.
"What are you two up too today?" Sirius read the morning paper as she took in the sight of him.
"Nothing much think we're packing."
"Packing?" The two potters said at the same time.
"Yeah we come home tomorrow." Sirius took the phone from her kissing her cheek.
"Prongs hey? Has Mooney changed his number trying to ask him to pick us up tomorrow but I'm getting nothing."
"No! Don't worry about Mooney I'll pick you guys up." Sirius huffed out an okay.
"I'll see you tomorrow then, if you'll excuse us I have one last night in Paris with my beautiful wife." James cringed at the sounds of kissing on the other end.
"Yeah send me an owl with the details I'll see you tomorrow."
"Bye!!!" They all said at the same time and the phone hung up.

James managed just about to convince them to come and see lily before James took Lena to the hospital. James was excited when they got to the house and he let them in.
"Lily! Guess who's home!" Lena stopped dead dropping her bag on the ground.
"Holy shit!"
"I know!"
"Holy shit!" Lena ran to lily hugging her unable to believe the growing bump infront of her.
"Well damn James, this is a surprise."
"How far along are you?"
"8 months." Suddenly everything made sense. That was when the phone rang.

The siblings rushed to the hospital as soon as they could. By the time they got their it was too late, their father had passed but their mother was still alive. They sat in that room talking to her and holding her hand until it was time.
"Are you scared?" Lena asked her mother who smiled warmly.
"No, my only regret is not meeting my grand babies." Lena shed a tear while smiling.
"You can't leave yet mama, there's so much I need to know..." she grabbed her daughters hand and James' and nodded.
"You children are the light of my life, you will love long and happy lives and I will always be with you no matter what..." and with that her eyes closed and grip loosened leaving the siblings alone and crying.

The door opened and Sirius walked in seeing his wife sat looking at her mothers body, James was already in the car trying to compose himself.
"Darling, it's time now." She looked over nodding a little kissing her mother on the forehead and walking to Sirius. She looked at her husband and bit her lip.
"I'll let you have a minute." She left the room and Sirius walked over to the woman in the bed and sat down.
"Oh Effie... thank you for everything, I'll look after them for you." He let his tears fall and smile. "Goodbye mum..."