28

Lily and James were soon married, Sirius stood next to his best friend as lily and Evangeline walked together down the isle. Sirius had said he had never seen someone as beautiful, he had a moment thinking about their own wedding day and how beautiful it would be. James took lilys hand and Sirius stood mouthing a hello to her and she mouthed hi back smiling. After the ceremony was over, James and lily walked down the isle together while Sirius lingered for a moment and his girlfriend paused to look at him.
"You alright?" He nodded giving a little smirk.
"Just thinking is all, come on let's go get a drink." He took her had guiding her to the party that was already taking place.

Tried as much as he could but all day the thought wouldn't leave him, that night as the girls laughed together Sirius sat with his friends smiling at her. It all hit him.
"James? I think I'm going to marry your sister." He said trapped in thought James placed his beer down sitting on the edge of his seat.
"You're joking?"
"Far from it." He pulled a ring from his pocket handing it to his best friend. "Your father gave me this when I asked." James smiled at the ring recognising it as a family ring much like lilys.
"Pads you dog!"
"Ironic that." Remus remarked back to Peter.
"I'm scared lads, what if I mess this up." Remus had never laughed so hard in his whole life.
"Sirius come on, I've never seen you- holy shit." Remus came and sat leaning closer to his friend frowning. "You're scared? You're actually scared!"
"Deathly." Sirius admitted talking a swig of whiskey. He leant back looking over at her and lily. "She's the best thing to ever happen to me. I love her so much it's starting to hurt lads, what if it isn't enough? What if one day she wakes up and she doesn't love me like I love her."
"I thought the future was her thing?" Peter asked and Sirius looked over with confusion all over his face.
"It is..."
"Then what are you doing padfoot!" Peter laughed coming to sit joining the circle. "Look we could wake up tomorrow and the world could end, we could all die right now!"
"Morbid wormtail."
"Let me finish!" He placed a hand on Sirius' shoulder. "Point is, we don't know. Anything could happen. So do what makes you happy, don't worry about tomorrow because it might not happen. Live in the moment for once Sirius. Tell her you wanna marry her." Sirius smiled a little nodding.
"You're right!"
"Holy shit that is the first and last time we will ever say that to Peter."
"So, when will you ask her?"
"As soon as I have the courage." James smirked at Remus who raised an eyebrow.
"No time like the present. Go down another drink, Remus distract Lena. I'll talk to lily." The group spilt up and Sirius watched as Remus offered Lena a cigarette and James took lily for a dance. James whispered to his wife who had an excited smile on her face nodding over to Sirius. The man downed his whiskey walking over to Lena.
"Care to dance?" She smiled taking his hand and going to the dance floor beginning to dance not noticing the others beginning to leave the floor. "You look amazing my love." She smiled looking up at him.
"You don't clean up so bad either." He chuckled.
"I have something very important for you." He spun her around taking her hands in his.
"What's that?" He took a shaky breath
"I should've had more to drink." She frowned as he got down on one knee pulling out the ring. "Evangeline potter, you are the love of my life and not a day goes by when I don't fall more in love with you. Will you marry me?" She blinked slowly in pure shock not thinking for a moment this was what he meant.
"Yes, yes Sirius black I will marry you."
The crowd cheered and the friends rushed over embracing the pair.