31

Lily opened the door seeing Remus stood there with a smile.
"They sent me to tell you they're ready." Lily opened the door a bit wider letting him in. Her father was too sick to walk her down the isle, she was devastated but he was where he needed to be with Sirius needing James to talk him down and calm his nerves it was decided Remus with give her away. She came out the bathroom putting her earring in a Remus couldn't believe his eyes. He had always found Lena attractive even in the early days, he in fact remarked to Peter on more than one occasion that he was rather jealous of Sirius, he had never seen her this beautiful. The Dress was satin with lace details the way the material draped over her body was stunning, she picked up her flowers and smiled at Remus.
"Ready?" He nodded taking her arm, lily went first and they stood just out of sight waiting for a moment.
"Remember when Sirius thought we were sleeping together? If he could've seen this then he would've shut up instantly." Lena smiled, Remus smiled a little.
"He wasn't wrong Lena." She frowned at him wondering what on earth he meant. "I do have feeling for you." She let go of him stepping back.
"Remus..."
"Lena-"
"No. No. Remus I'm about to get married."  He reached for her a she slapped his hand.
"Tell me you've never felt the same and it will be our secret." She shook her head almost hyperventilating.
"Put this foolish thought to bed remus." The music started. "Come on I'm getting married to your friend."

The music started, lily walked around the corner and James smiled. That's when the panic set in, he turned around his back to the isle feeling sick.
"What if she's changed her mind? What if she's already gone? Fuck James, what if-"
"Sirius...." The boy continued to ramble. "Sirius." He was practically having a panic attack at this point. James grabbed his shoulders. "Sirius!" He turned his friend around and there she was walking towards him, Sirius fought back the tears as she got closer. James looked her over and tried not to show it but he could tell something was wrong. She was pulling the face she made when their mother told her to say sorry but she didn't mean it, or when she was lying about liking something. There was something very wrong, and then there was Remus he was hiding something like he did the night after a full moon when a new injury was bothering him. Remus was in pain.
The ceremony went on without a hitch. Sirius and Lena were taken straight to the after party without a moment to breathe. James a lily were slightly late back and when they arrived Sirius was laughing with Peter about something and Lena was no where to be seen.
"I'm just going to the toilet okay?" Lily nodded going off to see Sirius, James walked out to the garden and walked through the grounds until he heard hushed words.
"Remus, no. I just married Sirius!"
"And I told you before! You had enough time to walk away Lena!"
"Remus let it go!" James walked around the corner and the two jumped apart.
"What's going on?" Lena looked at Remus and shook her head.
"Nothing, I was just cleaning something up. I'm going back to my husband now." She walked off and James looked to his friend, Remus was fighting back the heartbreak.
"Mooney?"
"I love her James." Remus had never sounded so sure in all the time James had known him. Remus let his tears fall freely. "I didn't want to upset you so I kept quiet for years then Sirius started dating her and god, I didn't want to hurt him so I said nothing I did nothing. Seeing her today.... I'm sorry James but I'm in love with her and I can't keep it to myself anymore." James was silent for a moment trying to take it all in.
"Sirius know?"
"No."
"Who else knows?"
"Just you and Lena."
"What did she say?"
"She told me no, she told me she's married and that's it."
"She's right Remus." Remus choked on a sob. "She married Sirius, she chose Sirius. That's the end of it. You're one of my best friends but I won't let you destroy his happiness. You kept it to yourself before you do it again. You tell no one Remus. I mean it."

And that's what happened Remus sat there in the corner for true rest of the night watching her laugh and dance with Sirius, watching him kiss her. James came and sat beside him as he took a swig of beer.
"You alright man?"
"No, I don't know if I ever will be."