69

Sirius stood by the door with James and took a shaky breath.
"Think she's in there?" James asked and Sirius shook his head.
"No but I know who is. I'll see you on the other side I guess." James winked at him with a smirk as Sirius pushed the door open stepping in. The room was dark, and Sirius felt a flash of fear being in his childhood room.
"Well, the prodigal son returns." Regulus sat slumped in a chair, Sirius walked towards him dragging another chair opposite coming to sit down.
"Hi regulus..."
"Hi? That's all you have to say?" Regulus sat up stairs suddenly looking very surprised.
"I should've listened to you, and I should've taken you with me. But I failed you, all I can do is say sorry."
"Sorry?"
"Yes, which is more than either of us ever got from dear old mum and dad." Regulus scoffed running a hand through his hair.
"So that makes you better than them?" He began to laugh harder but Sirius couldn't understand this twisted version of regulus that he saw.
"Tell me about your death regulus... what happened..." regulus stopped laughing and all of a sudden had tears in his eyes.
"I didn't want to hurt her..."
"I know." Regulus got up and started pacing. "I know they made you regulus, I got your letter. You can tell me."
"All I could hear for days was her screaming... I wanted to hurt him for making me do it, I wanted to hurt him so bad Sirius. I found out about the horcruxes. I promised myself I would destroy them all."
"But something went wrong didn't it?" Regulus nodded turning to face his brother. "Reggie... what happened?"
"I went to the cave and I drank the potion. I wrote a letter and gave it all to creature... I told him to leave me. They dragged me into the water, I couldn't fight back... I screamed for you..." they were both crying now. "I saw her when she died... she forgave me Sirius, she didn't have to but she sat there and she forgave me. I didn't deserve that." Sirius grabbed his brother into a hug letting him cry.
"You did Reggie, you deserved so much more. I'm sorry, I should've been there for you." Regulus held his brother for the first time since before he left home all those years ago. "I'm sorry."
"I forgive you Sirius, I just want my brother back." The clock started chiming and Sirius looked up.
"I have one more person to see then on the other side find me. I want you to meet someone."
"Okay..." Sirius let him go walking towards the door. He looked back at Sirius. "I shouldn't have blamed you."
"It's okay I blamed me too."