36

Sirius hadn't said a word since they arrived home, the two sat in silence while sirius drank. He drank a lot, lena got up and sirius adjusted himself in the seat.
"How long was it going on?"
"He admitted it on our wedding day."
"I meant how long were you sleeping together." She sat back down and huffed.
"Couple months, we weren't together and I broke it off the moment we got together." Sirius nodded and leant back in his seat.
"When did it stop." He demanded and she paused.
"Sirius, you've been drinking let's go to bed and-"
"Don't baby me lena. Tell me straight."
"The day after the party, i spoke to him in the library after I spoke to you."
"Did you love him?" She scoffed and he threw the bottle at the fire. "Did you love him!"
"Yes!" He shook his head getting up and she stopped him. "But I loved you more! Sirius please! It was a bit of fun we both agreed it didn't mean anything-"
"But it did lena... it meant something to you." She had tears in her eyes while he let his fall freely. He pushed her away from him. "You're staying away from him... no contact, nothing lena."
"That's fine. Sirius I love you not him I chose you."
"I was a fucking choice now?" She shook her head letting her tears fall.
"No Sirius that isn't what I meant." She reached out for him and he shoved her back knocking her into the armchair.
"I'm going, I'll be back in a few days. I need to clear my head."
"Sirius please don't leave." She went to get up and he held out a hand.
"Don't!" She stopped dead and he backed up. "I just need to think okay? Just give me a few days."
She watched him leave, she called lily crying and ended up at the potters. Remus was coming out the door as she got there.
"Lena?" She didn't say a word only walking into the house and into her friends embrace.

Lily sat with Lena as she cried, james walked in with a cup of tea handing it to his sister.
"He just left?" James asked and Lena nodded through the tears.
"He said he needed a few day. I told Remus to stop. Why couldn't he just listen." The phone rang and james went into the kitchen picking it up.
"Prongs?"
"Hey pads... you alright?"
"I don't know man... she loved him."
"It was a long time ago pads." She choked on a sob from the other room and Sirius sighed on the other end of the phone.
"She's there?"
"Yeah, lily told her to come straight over. Remus isn't here if that's what you're wondering. Pads... she's a mess."
"I know, I just need to get my head straight."
"Are you leaving her?"
"She was in love with our best friend."
"But she married you. She was in love with him Sirius, but she isn't anymore she loves you. I've got her here crying about how much she just wants you home."
"Alright..."
"Pads come over, talk to her man."

An hour later they were sat and there was a knock at the door. James opened it finding Sirius stood with flowers and a sad look on his face. James let him in and Sirius stood in the hall listening.
"I love him so much lily, I don't know what I'd do without him." Sirius pushed the door open and she shot up. "Sirius?" He gave her a pitiful smile and she choked on a sob.
"I'm sorry, I was just angry and I didn't mean to scare you-" she paced to him kissing him through her tears he kissed her back holding her closely.
"I'm sorry..."
"Don't apologise, it's me who should be doing that."