Part Ninety-Two: Where is She?

Simon "Ghost" Riley's Point of View (POV)

*The events of this chapter are happening simultaneously with the previous chapter*

After a year, Laswell and I finally completed our mission in Las Almas.

Since the explosion at Diego's production factory, we spent our time convincing Diego and Valeria of our departure.

We tracked the pair for six months, gathering as much intel as we possibly could, and craftily intercepted their drug shipments without giving our position away.

One month ago we raided Diego Delgado's home in the middle of the night and executed him.

After searching his home we found records upon records of all the shipment routes he and the Las Almas cartel had been using, along with criminal amounts of weaponry and drugs.

One week ago we re-captured Valeria. We intercepted her during a shipment, killed her entire crew that was present, and brought her back to the Mexican authorities.

Valeria Garza has been placed in solitary confinement in the most notoriously dangerous prison in Las Almas.

This time, her chances of escape are near zero.

Laswell and I are on our flight back to the Task Force 141 base. Only two hours left until we land.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Everyone except for Laswell and Price believes me to be dead. For me to walk into the base will be shocking, to say the least.

I'm most nervous about confronting Breanna. I have no idea how she'll react but I'm happy just to be able to see her again and hold her again if she'll allow me.

I've missed her so much it's ludicrous.

Every day without her for the past year and a few months has been miserable. Not one day has gone by where I haven't thought of her.

In the past year, opportunities have come up for me to lay with other women, but I've turned them away because I still feel the same way now that I did back then on the night of the production factory incident: I want to have a life with Breanna; and a future with her.

Whether she rejects my presence back or not I'm going to fight and keep fighting for her forgiveness until she's mine again.

I wonder how she's doing. She thinks I'm dead, so I can only imagine the pain that's brought her.

She's dealt with too much loss before, and for the sake of the mission, I put her through it again.

I'm expecting anger, resentment, yelling, fighting...but that's fine.

Anything is better than not having her.

- TIME SKIP -

The plane finally landed and Laswell and I are now standing directly outside the base.

"Nervous?" She asks me

I sigh deeply, "The sooner we go in the sooner we can clear things up."

"Gaz and Breanna are going to be furious," Laswell takes a deep, steadying breath.