Chapter 4

Tonight, we find Dad, who is showing us the Magearna that has just started working. I exclaim, "Dad...you've made it work!"

Dad looks at me proudly and nods, "It isn't that easy, but it's thanks to this that I managed to do it."

He presents a book, and Lillie asks, "What's this?"

"It's a notebook that I found inside Magearna. It appears Professor Mohn had been jotting down notes about the failed attempts to make it move. With this, I can pinpoint the problem and activate Magearna," my Dad explains.

Lillie's eyes widen in amazement as she gazes at the notebook. "That's incredible! It's like a key to unlocking Magearna's secrets," she remarks.

"And I also have to admit... this Magearna is actually a Shiny Pokémon as well," my dad reveals, much to our surprise.

"Shiny? That's so cool..." I exclaim, intrigued by the revelation.

Now that Magearna has awakened, she seems unfamiliar with this world, prompting us to promise to show her around.

"We'll make sure you see everything, Magearna," I assure her, eager to introduce her to our world.

Magearna: The Articifical Pokemon: Steel and Fairy Type. This artificial Pokémon, constructed more than 500 years ago, can understand human speech but cannot itself speak.

During these few days, Lillie, Trenor, and I have been assisting Professor Kukui with his fieldwork. One day, as we're working, we notice a washed-up Popplio on the shore. Alarmed by this discovery, we rush to inform Professor Kukui, who examines the Popplio and determines that it was being mistreated and had been released.

Moved by sympathy for the mistreated Popplio, both of us resolve to capture and train the Pokémon. We approach Professor Kukui, explaining our intentions, and he grants us permission to do so.

Popplio: The Sea Lion Pokemon: Water Type. This Pokémon snorts body fluids from its nose, blowing balloons to smash into its foes. It's famous for being a hard worker.

During the day of school, Professor Kukui tasks us with finding Selene and Elio. We make our way to their house, where Elio greets us, saying, "Ash, Trenor, Lillie, what brings you here?"

"The Professor said... "Hey there! Bring me these great new Trainers. Woo!" I chuckle, mimicking Professor Kukui's enthusiastic voice. This earns a round of laughter from everyone.

Lillie steps in, adding, "So, the Professor asked us to bring you two to his Pokémon lab. If you come with us, we'll show you the way. It's, um... This way."

Upon encountering their mother for the first time, she beams at Elio and Selene, praising them, "Oh! Well done, Elio, Selene. You're already making friends, aren't you? And what cute little friends you found. I knew Alola would be a great place for us. We just keep meeting wonderful people here!"

After introductions, she turns her attention to her children. "Looks like it's finally your time to shine, sweeties. Enjoy yourselves out there with your Pokémon. And don't be gone too long!"

Once she departs, Trenor remarks, "You... have a very nice mother, don't you?"

"Yeah, though under that smile..." Elio's expression turns serious, "That's why I can't give up! I have to finish my work."

Understanding his determination, I nod in agreement. "We should get going. We'll show you to the Pokémon Research Lab," I say, ready to assist and support Elio and Selene on their journey.

Selene asks, "Still, I want to know more about Nebby. What actually is its species and where does it come from?"

Lillie hesitates for a moment before responding, "About Nebby... Oh. I mean... Cosmog. Cosmog seems to be a very rare Pokémon. It came from far, far away. It seems to possess a very unusual power... It used that power to save me once when I was in danger. But some... other people want Cosmog for themselves, to exploit that power. That's why only the professor, Kahuna Hala, and a few others I can trust know about it..."