Chapter 22

We're back on Route 7, and to our surprise, my Mom and Lillie's dad are approaching us. "Father, what brings you here?" Lillie asks.

"We're just stopping by. And it seems you've passed Kiawe's trial! Well done! Alright! That means you can now ride Charizard using the Ride Pager," Lillie's Dad responds.

"The Poke Pelago setup is complete, and we'd love to show you around," my Mom adds.

"Poke Pelago?" The other classmates look puzzled. I suggest, "How about we all head there together?"

Agreeing, we activate our Ride Pagers and head towards the Poke Pelago. Upon arriving at the Raft Hut, Kiawe remarks, "Interesting, I never knew such a place exists."

"Yeah, there are a lot of islands around this area..." Sophocles adds.

Mohn enthusiastically explains, "Welcome to Poké Pelago! These uninhabited islands are dedicated to the joy of Pokémon. I'm responsible for keeping Poké Pelago up and running. It's a place where everyone can come and have some fun whenever they feel like it. Currently, we have five small isles available for them to play on. Initially, there was just one, but thanks to gathering Poke Beans on the first island, we've managed to develop four more, and that's where we find ourselves now."

Lillie inquires, "What exactly is this hut?"

"This has been our very own private castle since the day we transformed these deserted islands into a Pokémon resort," my mom explains. "Mohn constructed this place, and I must say, it's quite impressive. We've got everything necessary here to maintain and operate Poké Pelago."

"Nice! I'm excited to start exploring the islands," Trenor expresses eagerly.

Our first destination is Isle Abeens, featuring a colossal beanstalk that showers an abundance of Poke Beans. Mallow marvels, "Wow... just look at the number of Poke Beans here..."

"Pokémon love Poké Beans. They're delicious and nutritious! And they can also sprout into Poké Beanstalks, like that one in the middle of the island. The one you just picked up is a Plain Bean. There are also rare Poké Beans called Patterned Beans and even Rainbow Beans! I love hands-on learning. Don't you agree? So why don't you give that Poké Beanstalk a good shake and see what happens?" Mohn suggests.

Eagerly, we shake the beanstalk, causing a cascade of Poke Beans to shower down. "Shake the beanstalk to drop some Poké Beans! Pick up the Poké Beans to add to your stores! OK, now you've got it! See! Isn't it better to learn by doing? You can collect Poké Beans once a day or so. If no new Poké Beans come tumbling down, then wait a day and then try again! Put some of the Poké Beans you collect into the Poké Bean crate on the island, would you? Then they'll be handy for any hungry Pokémon wandering around the island to eat anytime!"

We decide to put the beans into the crates, and once we're done, Mohn says, "Yup! That's a Poké Bean crate right there! You can drop Poké Beans in there, and the Pokémon will love you for it. Especially here on Isle Abeens. Leaving Poké Beans in the crate here can even tempt wild Pokémon to come by for a gander and some fun. Oh, yes! One more thing! The rarer kinds of Poké Beans will have their effects last longer. You might want to remember that fact! But as long as you fill the crate up, then you'll probably be A-OK. Don't you worry!"

The journey continues to Isle Aplenny, and my Mom points out, "Welcome to Isle Aplenny! We've utilized that lovely flat area to create a field where you can plant your Berries. Your Pokémon can have a great time tending to Berry trees and harvesting Berries right here!"

I inquire, "Was the inspiration for this from the berry fields in Camphrier Town?"

"Absolutely, that berry field is flourishing," my mom confirms.