Chapter 37

As we reach Route 11, we're struck by the abundance of bamboo growing throughout the area. Among them, we spot a particular bamboo with a Komala nestled in its branches. Intrigued by the sight, we decide to capture the Komala, aiming to add it to our Pokémon team.

Komala: The Drowsing Pokemon: Normal Type. It is born asleep, and it dies asleep. All its movements are apparently no more than the results of it tossing and turning in its dreams.

Battling trainers along Route 11, our Pokémon gain valuable experience and eventually, our Meowth reaches a level of happiness that triggers its evolution into a Persian. The transformation from Meowth to Persian astounds us once again, particularly the striking appearance of Persian's giant head, a distinctive feature that never fails to surprise. Despite having seen a Persian before, its imposing size and unique appearance continue to amaze us.

Persian (Alolan Form): The Classy Cat Pokemon: Dark Type. Evolve from Alolan Meowth when leveled up with high friendship. Its round face and smooth coat—softer than the most high-class velvet—have made this a very popular Pokémon in Alola.

As we continue battling and training along Route 11, our Trumbeak reaches the necessary level to evolve into a Toucannon. Upon evolution, Toucannon learns the move Beak Blast, a potent Flying-type move capable of inflicting burns on the opponent. However, to execute Beak Blast effectively, Toucannon requires a brief charging period before unleashing the fiery attack, adding a strategic element to its newfound move.

Toucannon: The Cannon Pokemon: Normal and Flying Type. Evolve from Trumbeak at LV:28. When it battles, its beak heats up. The temperature can easily exceed 212 degrees Fahrenheit, causing severe burns when it hits.

As we approach the end of the road, another trial guide appears, setting up a barricade. "Greetings, trial-goers. Let me check your collection of Z-Crystals," she requests.

Upon examining our Z-Crystals, her eyes land on the Electrium Z. "Ho! Look at that blinding yellow Electrium Z! Now I guess I'll have to open the gate for you! What you face up ahead is the Ghost-type trial. I hope you enjoy it!"

"Ghost Types are supposed to be spooky, right?" Lillie inquires, sensing the nervousness among the group. The mention of Ghost-types indeed evokes a sense of apprehension among us, as we prepare ourselves for the eerie challenges that await in the upcoming trial.

Route 12 presents challenges with its rugged terrain, filled with pointy rocks making it a difficult path to traverse. However, our journey becomes easier as Hapu arrives, riding her Mudsdale, and offering assistance.

"Greetings, everyone," Hapu addresses us. "Well met! I was seeking you. If you're going to travel about Ula'ula, you ought to do it while astride a Mudsdale. There is no call for hesitation. Consider it my thanks for Akala Island."

Hapu requests our Ride Pagers, inserting the Mudsdale option for us. We are grateful for her assistance and thank her. Hapu reassures us, saying, "It was remiss of me not to register her for you when we met one another in Malie. By no means was I just waiting for a time when you were in trouble!"

"I see," Selene acknowledges.

Hapu then changes the subject, asking, "Let me pose a question... Do you know of the Ultra Recon Squad?"

"Of course we know, Lillie and I are members, what's the matter?" I respond.

"They seem to be here to investigate some ill that weighs heavily upon them. Luckily, it is quite in keeping with the people and Pokémon of Alola to help those in need. If you seek the next trial, go straight on through here to Tapu Village. I'll be cheering for you on your island challenge!" With those words, she bids us farewell and rides off with her Mudsdale once more, leaving us to continue our journey toward Tapu Village and our next trial.