Chapter 11

After school, all of us are invited to Mallow's place for dinner because the restaurant has a new menu for us to taste. However, we're also confused when Mallow asks Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on the food that she's making.

After the stew dish is served, apart from Trenor and me, everyone who tastes the soup gets shocked by the electricity. I inquire, "Are you okay?"

"What exactly is this dish, Mallow?" Kiawe mutters.

"You could get addicted to that tingling aftertaste, couldn't you? It's precisely this aftertaste that characterizes Mythical Alola Stew!" Mallow says.

"I wouldn't say it was tingling, but rather..." Lillie mutters.

"Shocking..." Lana adds.

"It was almost like being hit by one of Pikachu's electric shocks..." Nate adds.

"Is that really shocking?" I remark. Trenor attempts to remove the Earth Plate and take a bite, experiencing the same effect.

"I tried adding a Thunderbolt to the stew as a finishing touch!" Mallow admits. "Was that a bit too much, maybe?"

"What exactly is 'Mystical Alola Stew,' if I may ask?" Rosa inquires.

"Well, you see..." Just then, Mallow's father joins us and shares the story of the stew. In the past, it was always prepared for festivals or ceremonies, but with time, it was completely forgotten.

"So that's why it's Mythical..." I mutter under my breath.

"If the stew was completely forgotten, then how did Mallow make it?" Lillie queries.

"Well, you see..." Mallow reveals a cookbook created by her brother. She explains that her brother embarked on a culinary journey and included instructions about adding Yellow Nectar to create a tingling aftertaste. Due to a scarcity of nectar during this season, she attempted to replace it with Thunderbolt.

"I don't get it, why a Thunderbolt?" Kiawe asks as Mallow can only sigh in defeat. "I wanted to finish it one way or another and make it the signature dish of Aina's Kitchen, though..."

Then, in an effort to assist Mallow, we decide to search for the Yellow Nectar, known to be located in Melemele Meadow. On the weekend, we convene at the Pokémon Center on Route 2 and set off toward our destination.

On our way to Melemele Meadow, the Pokédex hints that Oricorio might assist us in finding the location. With this information, the seven of us set out to explore, with Rowlet and Pikipek enlisting the help of their fellow Pikipeks in the search.

Suddenly, we spot an Oricorio in front of us, but it swiftly flies away. To lure it back, we decide to use Bounsweet's enticing scent, hoping it will attract the Oricorio and guide us to Melemele Meadow. As we follow, we're amazed by the abundance of yellow flowers and witness a red Oricorio drinking the nectar, transforming into its Pom-Pom form.

"You know, maybe we can catch that Oricorio!" I suggest, excited by the idea.

"Oricorio changes types depending on the nectar; now that it's Yellow, it's Electric type. A Rock or Ice type Pokémon can help out," Trenor adds, offering strategic advice.

Kleavor! I choose you!" I exclaim as I send out the Pokémon, stunning those who aren't familiar with it.

"What's that Pokémon?" someone asks in surprise.

"It's a Kleavor, but those are extinct Pokémon..." Rosa remarks. "Where did you get one?"

"I traveled to the past of Hisui..." I explain. "Time travel, my brother's good at it."