Chapter 53

During a particularly engaging class, Lana's long-awaited egg began to crack, emitting a soft glow that drew the attention of her classmates. With bated breath, they watched as the shell finally gave way, revealing an Eevee unlike any they had seen before. Much to everyone's surprise, this Eevee sported a magnificent mane of luxuriously long, flowing fur, a sight that left them in awe.

Stunned by the unexpected appearance of her Eevee, Lana was quick to recognize the uniqueness of her newly hatched companion. Entranced by the majestic length of its fur, she decided to christen her new friend with the name "Sandy," a fitting tribute to the stunning sandy-colored coat that adorned the Eevee.

Lillie and I are leaving the class for a week, as our parents have asked us to attend the annual Wind Festival in Fula City. We find ourselves on the tram, gazing out at the spinning windmills that dot the landscape.

"Wow... this is really lively," Lillie exclaims.

"Yeah, Fula City looks amazing," I add, marveling at the vibrant atmosphere surrounding us. The whirling windmills create a mesmerizing display, painting the skyline with their graceful motion. People bustle about, their excitement palpable as they prepare for the festivities ahead.

As we explore the area, we dive headfirst into the whirlwind of activities, indulging in exhilarating experiences like riding roller coasters and venturing aboard Chinchou-shaped submarines. Amidst the thrill, we take a moment to delve into the city's rich history, eager to absorb every detail.

Watching a news segment recounting the city's folklore, I remark, "So Lugia brings the wind to this city and gives it life."

"Yeah," Lillie responds with a smile, "but they don't know that we already have a Lugia in our team."

As we enjoy the festival's lively atmosphere, a commotion catches our attention. A group of individuals seems to be targeting a girl, preparing to throw a lemon at her. Without hesitation, I swiftly intervene, reaching out to grab the lemon mid-air.

"Hey! Who do you think you are?" one of them shouts, clearly displeased by my interference. "Get them, Phanpy! Use Rollout!" In response to their command, Phanpy charges forward, aiming its Rollout attack towards us.

Reacting swiftly, Pikachu leaps agilely onto a nearby building, narrowly evading Phanpy's incoming assault. Unfortunately, the force of Phanpy's built-up momentum causes it to inadvertently collide with the boy who was standing nearby.

Quick to protect us, Pikachu retaliates, countering Phanpy's aggression with a precise Iron Tail attack. With a determined strike, Pikachu manages to overcome Phanpy, defeating it in the heat of the moment.

"So, want to go for another round?" I inquire, trying to diffuse the tension and shift the focus back to the festival's joyous atmosphere. However, the three troublemakers opt for a swift exit, choosing not to engage further with us.

Lillie steps in to assist the girl who was the target of the confrontation, asking with genuine concern, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you so much," the girl responds with a relieved smile. She introduces herself as Margo, expressing gratitude for the timely intervention and the kind assistance.

Margo graciously extends an offer to guide us around, eager to share the wonders of Fula City with us. With enthusiasm, she divulges insider information, mentioning the impending arrival of Lugia, the much-anticipated main event of the festival. Intrigued, we eagerly follow her lead.

She leads us through the city, unveiling hidden gems like the captivating Eternal Flame and an abandoned power plant with a compelling history. Margo's narrative about the power plant, its disuse, and the dramatic fire that occurred, where Lugia intervened to quell the flames, captivates us. The tale weaves a sense of mystique around the legendary Pokémon, adding a layer of awe to the upcoming spectacle.