Chapter 67

A few days later, we're still in our Melemele Manor doing some training for my third Elite Four Battle, though we have a surprise visitor today.

"I let myself in," Nanu mutters in his usual nonchalant manner, causing a stir among the occupants.

Anabel expresses her surprise, "Mr. Nanu..."

Nanu acknowledges her with a nod before addressing Looker, "You been keeping well?"

Looker, taken aback by Nanu's presence, stammers, "Y-y-you are..."

With a hint of sardonic humor, Nanu makes a wry remark, "Heh. So it's you, 100kr. Or... Sorry. What is it now? 'Looker'?"

Resigned to the recognition, Looker replies with a sigh, affirming his current moniker, "...Yes. It is."

"What's this? No smile for me? Here I am, coming out of my way to bring you the info about the UB that you're searching for," Nanu remarks, breaking the tension with his characteristic nonchalant demeanor.

My Mom responds with surprise, "Really?"

Nanu's sigh betrays a sense of weariness as he delivers the crucial information, "Those monsters you're calling Blade and Blaster... It's on Ula'ula Island. I'll tell you more when you get there."

Looker, seeking confirmation, asks, "And your information... It is all true?"

"I'm the kahuna of Ula'ula Island. If you don't do something about that monster for me, our guardian's not gonna be happy," Nanu responds with a somber tone, emphasizing the importance of addressing the situation.

Expressing gratitude, my Mom acknowledges, "Thank you... for the information, Mr. Nanu."

With a brief "See you around then," Nanu takes his leave, leaving behind a weighty task and a sense of urgency, as the looming threat of the Ultra Beasts on Ula'ula Island demands immediate attention.

Serena observes Looker's contemplative demeanor during the meeting with Officer Nanu and inquires, "Mr. Looker... Do I take it that you are acquainted with Officer Nanu?"

"I knew him once. I thought. Never mind that... Right now we need to focus on our mission," Looker responds, his tone reflective and slightly distant.

Acknowledging the urgency of their task, my mom intervenes, nodding in agreement, "Of course... Yes, of course you're right. If we have reports of a new UB sighting, then our mission is our first priority... We'll head to the Ground Manor there."

In the eerie ambiance of the Haina Desert manor, Anabel shares the vital intel about the Ultra Beasts Blade and Blaster, received from Officer Nanu.

"Once again, we have already gathered the intel on the UB that we are targeting. Mr. Nanu provided us with everything that we needed to know," Anabel informs the team, setting the stage for their mission.

Describing the formidable creatures, she continues, "The UB that has been sighted on this island is known by the code name Blade and Blaster. Blade is a fearsome beast capable of cutting through anything, while Blaster possesses an intense energy that can incinerate almost anything."

My mom, recognizing the gravity of the situation, expresses concern, "And it was not a single sighting, either... We cannot afford any delays. Anabel and Looker will check out the places as usual, and you four are going to the site, and I will handle backup."

Anabel's readiness seems to waver, evident in her hesitant movements, prompting Looker to express his worry, "Are you all right, Anabel? I think you are pushing yourself too far... If you would agree, I would be happy to go into the field myself this time and..."