Chapter 43

As we arrive at the Aether House, we notice Hau stirring awake. He groans softly before muttering, "Where am I...?"

"You're at the Aether House. You're safe now," I reassure him.

Lillie expresses her concern, asking, "Hau, are you okay?"

For the first time, Hau frowns deeply, an unusual sight. "I'm sorry! I... I can't even force a smile right now. That Plumeria lady came right after you left for the Ghost Trial... I'm supposed to be a Trainer! I have all these Pokémon with me! But when it mattered, I still let the kids down by allowing them to take the Yungoos..."

"We've already retrieved the Yungoos," I assure him. "Now, our priority is to ensure Nebby's safety."

Lillie nods in agreement and reaches for her bag, but her face twists in horror. "Nebby! He's gone!" she cries out in distress.

The shocking revelation leaves us speechless, unable to comprehend the unfolding situation. "No... it can't be..."

Hurriedly rushing outside the Aether House, our worst fears are confirmed as we witness a sight that fills us with disbelief—Nebby is with Faba, and they vanish through a teleportation portal.

"It's Faba... he's taken Nebby!" I gasp, my voice filled with a mix of shock and dismay at the unexpected turn of events.

Lillie's distress is palpable as she sinks to the ground, overcome by guilt and despair. "Oh no... How could I have let this happen?" she laments.

I attempt to console her, saying, "At least this time, they didn't take you. We'll find a way to get Nebby back." Trying to offer a glimmer of reassurance amid the chaos and worry.

As Gladion rushes in, he confronts Lillie with urgency, "Lillie, did you take Cosmog from the Aether Foundation?"

Lillie, overwhelmed by guilt and sadness, can't bring herself to face her brother. "Nebby... he's gone..."

Gladion, gripped by anguish and self-doubt, stares at his hands with a sense of horror. "I still couldn't protect them...? Then what was the point of me even leaving home in the first place?! I can't stand this... This useless feeling... I'll blow it away with everything I've got!"

Facing Gladion's aggressive approach with his Pokémon—Crobat, Zoroark, and Type Null—I recall the wisdom of cooperation and appeal to him, "Gladion! We can recover Nebby, but only by supporting each other! What do you hope to achieve in a fruitless battle like this?"

Gladion's tense demeanor softens slightly as he acknowledges, "That was wrong of me... I shouldn't have dragged you into a meaningless battle like that... But I told you! I told you that Cosmog would bring disaster to all of Alola! I have to get it back from them!"

Lillie swiftly responds, determined to take action. "We'll head to the ferry terminal immediately. We must go there now."

The urgency in their voices indicates the gravity of the situation, prompting a swift departure to pursue Nebby and address the impending crisis.

As we reach the Ferry Terminal, Gladion inquires, "Hrmph... So, we're waiting for Hau?"

Thinking it over, I respond, "We should wait for him. He'll be a valuable asset and a big help to our mission."

Gladion reflects on Hau's character, acknowledging, "Yeah, I guess so... He's a pretty interesting kid. I'll give you that. Growing up in the great kahuna's shadow and still trying to stand up to Hala as an equal? Not just that, but trying to become even better than Hala, too? ...I couldn't do it."

"Officer Nanu?" we exclaim in surprise as Nanu appears unexpectedly at the Ferry Terminal. His appearance catches us off guard, prompting curiosity about his sudden presence in this situation.