Chapter 14

After practicing with Lana, Popplio is learning how to make a balloon that is big and sturdy enough to carry a Pokémon. In a series of mishaps, Rowlet and Popplio end up together inside the balloon—which is getting swept away. When we find them again, it seems that they're saved by the same Litten from before, though he doesn't tell us where he's living now as he leaves.

It doesn't take long for us to manage to find him again; we chase after the Litten until we discover the Stoutland under the bridge.

Lillie remarks, "So this is where they're staying..." Then we observe Stoutland attempting to teach Litten Fire Fang. However, Stoutland appears quite weak, causing us concern.

"Stoutland..." I mutter, my expression furrowed with worry.

The next day, Litten rushes to us, shouting, "Help, Stoutland is... Stoutland is..."

"What's wrong with Stoutland?" Nate inquires.

We promptly dash under the bridge, discovering Stoutland collapsed on the ground. Selene notes, "This Stoutland... it's struggling to breathe!"

"We need to take it to the Pokemon Center," I insist as we decide to help carry Stoutland there. Noticing that Stoutland isn't heavy, our concern for its condition grows.

At the Pokémon Center's emergency room, Nurse Joy and her Pokémon take care of Stoutland. As soon as the door opens, Litten rushes inside the ward as Nurse Joy informs us about Stoutland's condition.

"Stoutland isn't injured, and it doesn't have any severe illness. It's just... Well, Stoutland..." She proceeds to explain to us how Stoutland is aging and doesn't have much time left in this world. We inquire with Nurse Joy if Litten is aware of the truth behind Stoutland's condition, and Nurse Joy responds that she can sense Litten is aware of it.

We call my Mom and request a stay at the Pokemon Center, but as we attempt to bring some food for them, they have already vanished from the emergency room. Aware of their likely destination, we rush out to search for the two Pokémon.

The following day passes, yet Stoutland never returns. The rain falling seems to echo Litten's sorrow. Unable to accept Stoutland's permanent absence, Litten starts to howl in agony. Carrying umbrellas, we visit Litten to offer comfort. My Mom joins us, sharing our concerns and worries.

"So Stoutland..." I begin to ask my Mom, but she shakes her head and says, "I'm sorry..."

We attempt to lift Litten's spirits by receiving food from the old lady at the vendor, but Litten isn't in the mood to eat. Our five Pokémon—Pikachu, Togekiss, Absol, Zoroark, and Snowy—are also expressing their concerns to comfort Litten.

Eventually, we opt to stay with Litten in the same spot until he feels like eating. We eventually doze off, and upon waking up, we find the rain has ceased, and Litten seems to be feeling slightly better.

"So, Litten. Would you like to join us? It would be awesome to finish your Fire Fang training with us," I propose.

"You could become a part of our family," Lillie adds.

To our surprise, Litten responds by blasting us with Ember. Fortunately, having experienced similar attacks from Charizard and Charla, I seem somewhat immune to it. Deciding to engage in a battle, Zoroark faces off against Litten. After a fierce fight that reaches a standstill, Lillie asks, "So, will you join us?"

Litten nods, signaling its agreement before we throw a Pokeball, successfully capturing Litten.

Litten: The Fire Cat Pokemon: Fire Type. While grooming itself, it builds up fur inside its stomach. It sets the fur alight and spews fiery attacks, which change based on how it coughs.