Chapter 26

As we approach Route 9, we come upon the Memorial Hills, a cemetery bustling with Ghost Type Pokémon. Selene inquires, "Why are we here in a graveyard again?"

"I understand what you're referring to; we encountered a graveyard at the Hau'oli Cemetery," I mention. "However, if we intend to reach the Ruins of Life, we'll need to continue past this location."

"Yeah," Lillie acknowledges, but as we proceed, we spot someone familiar who works alongside Ms. Lusamine. In response, Lillie swiftly assumes her Concordia Form. Perplexed, Mallow questions, "Wait, Lillie? What's happening?"

"It appears that Faba is ahead. He's affiliated with the Aether Foundation, and considering Lillie's history of taking Nebby from them, she can't risk being seen," I explain.

We opt to conceal Nebby in the bag before cautiously advancing toward Faba and the other Aether Worker, who are currently confronting Team Skull grunts.

"Team Skull! Give back that Pokemon!" demands the Aether Foundation worker.

Team Skull had pilfered a Slowpoke, and the initial grunt asserts, "Don't give me trouble! I'll reduce you to rubble!"

"That's right! We're gonna sell this Pokemon to get rich, and we won't make no bones about it!" adds the second grunt. "If you want it back, you're gonna have to take it!"

"Stand firm! Think of what the president would say!" Faba commands.

"That's what you say, Chief! But you don't lift a finger!" the employee retorts with frustration.

"Why, I am the Aether Foundation's last line of defense!" Faba asserts. "What would become of the foundation if something were to happen to me now?"

As Lillie seethes with anger with what he just said, we decide to take action. "Ah! If it isn't Ash and Trenor? There are promising young Trainers!" Faba greets. "Fight in my stead, and rout these Team Skull ruffians. I will bestow honor upon you if you do!"

"Long time no see, Faba. Seems like you haven't changed a bit," Trenor remarks as our Pokémon leap into action against the Team Skull grunts.

"You ready? Cuz I was born ready, yo!" declares the first grunt, releasing Raticate. However, Togekiss capitalizes on the type advantage and swiftly defeats it with Moonblast.

"That loss was pathetic! Your moves were so kinetic!" The first grunt says.

"We don't need this Pokemon anyway! Take it then! Good luck and good riddance!" adds the second grunt before they hastily depart, abandoning the Slowpoke.

The employee rushes over to the Slowpoke, relieved, and says, "Phew... Thanks, kid."

Faba turns to us, acknowledging, "Yes, indeed. As expected from Adam's son. I assume you are doing trials, aren't you? You're a splendid Trainer. I am deeply impressed! I'd like to reward you by showing you something truly astounding. Once you have finished your grand trial, come to Hano Grand Resort and I will take you to see a wondrous place."

"Let me guess, the Aether Foundation?" Trenor inquires.

The employee expresses gratitude, saying, "Thank you for helping us out. I really owe you! I am so glad there are nice young Trainers like you around. Good luck on your island challenge!"

After reverting to her usual appearance, Lillie hears Kiawe's comment. "It's quite surprising to witness that transformation," he remarks.

Lillie nods. "I understand. But if you're heading to the Aether Paradise, I won't be joining. My disguise won't fool my mother, and I have a sense of where things are heading."