Chapter 15

Today is finally the day we head to Akala Island, and everyone is buzzing with excitement as we joyfully board the ship. I mention, "That reminds me, Kiawe hails from Akala Island, doesn't he?"

"Yeah, my family runs a farm at the Paniola Ranch," Kiawe replies.

Upon our arrival at Heahea City and disembarking from the ship, we spot Hau waiting for us. "Hey, Hau, how are you?" I inquire.

"Great. Whenever I arrive here, I can't help but shout to Akala Island, 'Land ahoy! Alright! Akala Island, here I come!'"

"Lillie, isn't it a bit late to declare 'land ahoy' after you've already arrived onshore?" Lillie asks.

"What a stick in the sand! Come on, Ash, back me up here! That was hilarious, wasn't it?" Hau asks.

"I'm not sure, was that meant to be funny?" I inquire.

Hau glances at me before turning to Professor Kukui, "What do you think, Professor?"

"The land is certainly ahoy, oh boy!" Professor Kukui quips, and even Nebby seems to agree. Now that's surprising for all of us.

"Anyway, how was your trip on the Mantine?" Selene asks.

"It was quite enjoyable," Hau replies, and Professor Kukui adds, "That's what I like to hear! Carry that same attitude into tackling your island challenge!"

""Hold on, so Mantine's even faster than that old boat of yours, Professor?" Hau asks.

Trenor comments, "The professor's sailboat is... well... It has seen better days."

"Still haven't managed to find a shirt that goes with your lab coat, hmm, Kukui?" A woman approaches us. "I've told you, you're gonna scare off strangers looking like that..."

Kiawe immediately recognizes her and exclaims, "Olivia!"

"Kiawe! You're out of my sight for five seconds and look how much you've grown!" Olivia hugs Kiawe, who seems a little uncomfortable.

Lillie turns to Nebby and says, "Nebby, back into the bag."

"Don't worry about it, Lillie," Professor Kukui reassures her.

"Hello there. Nice to meet you all—I'm Olivia. I was on my way to see who was pulling into port," Olivia introduces herself. Kiawe adds, "She's the island Kahuna if you didn't know."

"The Island Kahuna?" We gasp. "That means I'll be able to get a Grand Trial with you..."

"I'll be in charge of you guys this month. It's so nice to meet you!" Olivia moves forward, but much to our surprise, she trips and falls to the ground. We stare at her in shock until she gets back up, saying, "Nothing to see, nothing to see."

Then, she gives each of us a piece of jewelry, which triggers my memory of our Rock Type Manor. Olivia notices our Pokémon and inquires, "Are you the ones who are attempting the Island Challenge?"

"Yeah! I'm eager to undergo another Grand Trial!" I express.

"Really? This field trip might just grant your wish." Olivia attempts to interact with our Pokémon, while Kiawe mentions how unique Olivia is. Once that's done, Olivia continues, "There isn't just one trial on Akala Island, of course. I will also need some Trial Captain Volunteers to assist me with the trials. So enjoy your time on your island challenge, kids, along with your Pokémon. I'll be waiting for my chance to face you in battle when the time comes. I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got!"

"There are three trials here on Akala Island. If you decide you want to take on the trial straightaway, head up Route 4 there and keep on goin' until you get to Paniola Town," Professor Kukui informs us.