Prologue

Meg
5 Years ago

"I promise you that it will be worth skipping practice" I hear my brother speak as he walks into the house. I sat at the dinning room table in front of my computer, I had serious writers block right now.

My head looks up as I watch my brother Max walk into the house as I see his offensively good looking best friend, Lando following him inside. I can't help but stare, I had the biggest crush on Lando. He was four years older than me, I knew he never looked at me the way I looked at him.

I was just the little girl to him, someone who he would never even dream of dating. But all my friends and I thought he was some kind of God or something. Not only was he super hot, but like my brother he was a motorsports driver.

Which is HOT.

Unless it's my brother then it really isn't that impressive.

I attempted to keep my eyes down, not wanting to look like I was staring like I always was. I'm sure he thinks I'm some kind of freak.

Or a stalker of some kind.

"Megan!" I hear Max shout loudly, god what have I done now.

"What!" I snap right back to his call, I watch as he turns his body and walks into the kitchen where I currently reside working on a new project.

I wanted to be a writer, I wanted to be one so badly. I had always been interested in books of all kind, but my favourites were romance. I had always wanted the kind of love I read about, the love that sweeps you off your feet. The kind of love that makes you forget any pain you had ever felt before.

Max and Lando walk into the kitchen, Max first with Lando on his tail. I couldn't help but just look directly at Lando, he took all my attention while my brother stood there looking at me with that look in his eye.

The kind of look that meant he was up to no good and I was about to be dragged into it.

"If mum asks, you didn't see us"

"But here you are in front of me" I raise an eyebrow at him. A smirk on my face knowing I wouldn't be doing this lying for free, I refused to put my life on the line for nothing.

I watch as Lando cracks into a smile, attempting to hide his laugh from my brother. I had always been someone to wrap the men in my family around my little finger, I always got my own way even if it did mean I had to bribe someone.

I see Max look around to Lando before his entire body deflates knowing this would be a pointless argument. He knew he would end up going out of his way to do something for me, to get something for me.

"What do you want?" He sighs.

Max did have one thing I didn't, a valid ID. He had just turned 18 and here I just about 15 and in need of alcohol for a party this weekend at one of the hot guys from my schools. He needed me to lie for him, I needed him to get me alcohol.

This was a win win for us.

"Go get me some alcohol from the shop for a party I have this weekend" I smirk as I tilt my head to the side.

"She's got you there" Lando adds with a giggle as he takes a seat one away from mine. It was clear he wasn't planning on going with him to collect this alcohol.

I watch as Max sighs, his arms flap around in a toddler like manner. He could be a baby sometimes.

"Fine!" He finally gives in. "Lando you coming?"

"Nah it's gross out" He wasn't wrong, it had been raining most of the day. "I'll wait here"

He will wait here, as in with me. As in I actually had to speak to him, one on one without my brother there to monitor.

Why was I so nervous?

"Whatever" Max groans before turning his back and heading to the door.

We didn't live too far from the shop so I knew Lando and I wouldn't be alone for too long. I look at him with a slight smile on my face, god why was I so awkward.

"What you writing?" He asks me, I had never been good at telling people about my dreams. I didn't want to be laughed at. I also wasn't really ready for anyone to read my stuff, it wasn't good enough yet so I couldn't let anyone read it.

"Just something random" I shrug off the fact that I was writing a book. The same book I had been trying to write for the past few months now.

"Max told me you want to be a writer" I feel head shoot up. I look at him with a frown, I had never even told Max. I knew he saw me writing all the time but I didn't know that he was actually smart enough to put two and two together. "Was that a secret?" He giggles.

My reaction must have said it all, I was confused and didn't really know what to say. I had never shared my dream with anyone, what if they all went wrong?

"I haven't really told anyone, I didn't know Max knew" I speak quietly, I watch his face turn to guilt.

Like he felt bad for bringing it up

"Oh sorry" he speaks "I won't tell anyone"

"Thank you" I smile, I felt like a blushing idiot. I couldn't even look at him without blushing, he definitely thought I was super weird.

"You shouldn't be ashamed of your dreams though" He adds "I'm sure everyone laughs at me thinking I'll get into F1"

I had seen Lando race many times, I had no doubt in my mind that Lando would make it into F1 he was a good driver. He was an amazing driver in fact, every time I watched him race I knew he would win or at least make podium.

"You will get into F1 Lando, you're crazy good" I giggle, I look up as he looked at me. I felt like I could go crazy with the way his eyes connected with mine, I had the biggest crush on this man.

"Let's hope both our dreams come true"

Little did he know one of my other dreams was him. I wanted Lando Norris to be mine.

—————————————
WELCOME TO THE NEW BOOK!

I hope you guys are excited for this one! I'm sure some of you have come over from my Charles Leclerc book! If you haven't go and check that one out it is called 'Say don't go'.

As you can see this is a Brothers best friend trope! There is also a slight age gap of 4 years between Lando and Meg. Nothing major but just a small one. Obviously this is the prologue and nothing will happen between the pair underage.

The next chapter will be in the present meaning Lando will be 24 and Meg will be 20. I hope you guys are looking forward to this book! As always this will be SPICY!

I hope you guys are having a wonderful day

Lots of love
  Zoe xoxo