46

Meg

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

My heart was pounding, I had just gotten off the plane from Miami to Monaco. 11 hours of peace on the plane, Lando and I were cuddled up as I slept in his arms.

We were completely unaware of the shit storm unfolding. The tweet was going viral and I had 10 missed calls from Max along with various messages.

Max: Call me now

Max: Megan!

Max: I swear to god this better be a joke

Max: Call me when you land.

"Oh my god" I speak as I fall to the floor of the airport. Lando caught me just before I could hit the floor.

Max knew about us, he had found out over a fucking gossip page tweet. This was not how I wanted him to find out, we had spoke about telling him over a dinner. Somewhere he wouldn't lose his mind, somewhere we could explain that this wasn't messing around.

I love him.

"Hey baby what's wrong?" Lando speak, he hadn't turned his phone back on yet, he had no idea what was happening. I couldn't speak to get the words out to tell him we were dead.

I don't have the capacity to talk, so instead I just hand the phone over to Lando. I take a seat on the floor with my knees pulled up to my chest, the amount of anxiety in my body right now was not okay.

It was not normal.

I watched his face as the colour drained, I watched as the panic set in. He was hiding it from me, not very well but he was trying to keep me calm. I felt his hand come to my knee as he rubbed it slowly, I didn't even know what to do or say.

"Has he text you?"

Lando turns his phone back on, right away I hear the dings of a text message. I knew he had messaged him, I could see by the look on his face he had messaged him.

"We will sort this out okay?" He speaks, I don't react. I have nothing to say. "Baby look at me"

I lift my head to look at him as the fear is sprawled across my face, I was so scared this would go badly. I was scared I would lose my brother, I was more scared I would lose the man that I was in love with.

"I've got you, you don't need to worry about this okay?"

"You're not going to leave?"

"I promise princess, I am never leaving you and that is a promise I will always keep" He tells me before pressing a kiss on my head, the kisses that  made me feel the most secure.

~~~

The entire car ride back to the apartment was full of nothing but panic attacks and anxiety. It was coming from both of us, he didn't want to admit it but I knew he was nervous. I could see it in his face in the way he breaths heavily, the way he held my hand tighter than usual.