74

Lando

We drew closer to car launch, with that it meant I would have to leave Meg soon enough. I wanted her to stay, I wanted to keep her by my side at all times. We hadn't really discussed what we would do, last year she came with me but this year was different.

She was struggling mentally as was I.

Meg and I had been through a lot in the past month, we had lost our baby as well as our communication for a little while but it was back now and I just wanted to make her happy. I wanted her to know I loved her more than anything in the world.

So I planned a night for the two of us.

"Are you nearly ready?" I ask her through the door as she got ready in her dressing room. We still hadn't gotten rid of the nursery but this was a six bed apartment, we had enough room for her to have whatever she wanted.

I didn't want to get rid of the nursery, I mean it was full of happiness at the time and I hoped it would be soon enough again.

"Is a dress okay?" She calls through the door. I smirk as I hear her sweet voice, I knew she would flip when she found out what I had planned but I didn't care.

"Of course" I tell her.

In the next second I hear her footsteps drawing closer as the door opens and she reveals herself to me. She wore a strapless blue dress, she looked absolutely breathtaking. I look back at her unable to speak after she took away everything I had inside of me.

She was so perfect.

I was scared we wouldn't work, I was scared that this would tear us apart but I was more in love with her than ever.

"Do I look okay?" She asks as her head drops down her body as she attempts to look at her outfit.

Her hands brush down her body as she straightens her dress out.

"You look unbelievable" I speak as I step forward and take her hand in mine. She looks up at me as her fingers interlace with mine, Meg has this smile that was infectious.

I couldn't help but smile when I look at her.

My hand comes to her cheeks before I lean in and press a soft kiss against her lips. She leaned in and kissed me back for a second our lips moved against one another. This was the most intimate we had been since the loss, we shared small pecks now and again but nothing more.

I wasn't bothered about it, I missed her body more than anything but it had been through a lot and she would tell me when she was ready again.

As long as she was ready then I would be, even if that meant I had to wait a lifetime.

I pull away from the kiss as my forehead leans against hers. I can't help but look at her with a look of pure love behind my eyes, I really was infatuated with her.

"Will you tell me what's happening now?" She asks me, I can't help but giggle at her.

If Meg was one thing it was impatient when it comes to surprises. She hated everything about them, she just wanted to know what she was doing here and now.

"No can do baby girl" I tell her. "I have something for you though"

"You do?" She asks me as I watch her cock her head to the side.

I tell her to follow me as I walk into the living room, I had set up a box on the table with balloons and a load of flowers. I had done this was she got ready for the date. I turn back and watch her face curve into a smile as her hands cover her face.

"Lan" She speaks as she walks over to me and presses her lips to mine for a second. "You did this?"

"This isn't the surprise if that's what you think baby" I giggle.

"This is to much already"

"Go open it"

She walks over to the table as she takes the box and opens it. Right away her head turns around to look at me with shock on her face, I stand back and watch her take in the shock.

Ever since she had sold her bag for me I had wanted to make her collection bigger than ever. I had replaced the bag but I wanted to give her more than she could ever wish for. I had bought her a Dior saddle bag, I had seen it in her pinterest board and I knew I had to give it to her.

"You're too much!" Meg runs over and jumps up on me. Her legs around my waist as she wraps her arms around my neck as well, I loved her so fucking much.

"You've got to wear it" I tell her, she smiles at me as she nods quickly.

"Thank you" I hear her tell me, as she cuddles me close her head leaned against my chest.

We started the drive to the date, little did she know this wouldn't be the end of the trip. I had planned a two night trip to Italy, it was one of her favourite places and well I wanted to give her everything I could.

Meg had begged me the entire drive to tell her where we were going and what we were doing. I refused to tell her, I think she would figure it out soon enough. She sure would understand that we weren't staying in Monaco. I pulled up at the airport where our jet would be flying from, right away she looks at me with wide eyes.

"What the fuck have you got planned?" She giggles as we pull up.

I can't help but laugh along with her, little did she know I had her case in the trunk along with clothes for a weekend just the two of us. I was happy to get away and to be able to do that with her was all I needed.

I pulled the car to a stop as I turned car off I turn my body to her.

"Okay so" I take a deep breath as I look at her. "I might have planned is a weekend in Italy"

"What!" She exclaims with happiness in her voice, she practically leaps over as her arms pull me closer to her body. "You're amazing"

"Just for you" I giggle as I press a kiss to her neck as she holds me close.

"Wait I don't have any clothes!"

"I've sorted it don't worry baby" I tell her as I rub her lower back as we cuddle.

With that we get out the car and head to the jet, there was only an hour and a half to Italy. I had also rented us an amazing home for the weekend for the two of us. I just was so happy to spend time with her.

We walk onto the jet, I allow her to walk in front of me as she walks up the stairs before we get onto the plane.

It was a short flight but every second with this woman wasn't enough time for me.

—————————————
ITS GETTING HAPPIER!

I would also like to mention something, it was recently brought to my attention that there is a F1 POV tiktok account that has been copying my tiktok's word for word and stealing my content from this book with ZERO credit!

I have attempted to message this creator but I was blocked.

I very much doubt they are a reader of this book and I suspect they have just stolen my tiktok content, however if you are this creator I would really appreciate if you give me credit!

Anyone that wants to make a tiktok about any of my stories please do but please please give me credit I work super hard on these story lines and I don't want them to be stolen.

Lots of love
Zoe xoxo