44

Lando

The Japanese Grand Prix could have gone better, but I had different things to be concerned about now. Meg and I were heading to Miami for the first American Grand Prix but after this it meant we would be back in Max's sights in the next week and a half.

I had enjoyed the past two weeks we had together just the two of us, we had one more until it was back to Max.

I didn't want to give her up, I also wanted to tell him. As it drew even closer to being back in Monaco I knew I couldn't go back to pretending she was my friend. I knew I couldn't go back to pretending I wasn't desperately in love with her.

"Why is it so hot" Meg groans as we walk down the streets of Miami. Her hand laced with mine, it was the safest place to be us, I had her hand in mine as she groaned.

I can't help but smile down at her as she trudges along.

"Why are you laughing at me" She speaks, I look down at her as she wears a white floral dress.

She looked fucking beautiful.

"You look beautiful" I coo at her, as we are walking down the street I look up and see a Chanel store.

Her bag.

She had given P her bag so she didn't have one right now. I wanted to get her something, I wanted to buy her a new bag but I also didn't want her to know.

"Can you do me a favour?" I ask her, I watch as she looks up at me with a frown on her face. She was hot and bothered and really didn't want too be here walking in this heat.

"What?" She groans, I let go of her hand as I cup her cheeks. She pouted at me, I can't help but smile at her face.

"Can you go get me a drink I have a surprise for you"

"I don't want a surprise"

"I don't care" I smile back at her. "You're getting one so please can you get me a drink"

I had my bottom lip out as I pouted back at her, she was beautiful I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"Fine!" She gives in before she walks away, I knew she would take awhile as the closest store was a few blocks away.

I needed enough time to go through with my plan but first I needed P. I take my phone out and call P, it rings a few times before I hear her voice on the other end of the phone.

"Hey" She coos, I knew that P knew about me and Meg. She had found out about us but she had kept our secret.

That solidified our relationship, I was so happy that she was willing to keep our relationship a secret. I guess that's why I trusted her to help me keep the secret of the gift I was going to buy Meg.

"Hey listen, I need you to tell me the exact model of the bag Meg gave you to borrow I'm going to get her a newer one-"

"Woah" She cuts me off mid sentence. "She didn't give me a bag Lando"

She didn't give her a bag?

So where the fuck is this bag gone? I had no idea why Meg would lie about that. I mean that bag means the world to her, if she would have lost it she would have told me. If she would have-

She fucking sold it.

It was in between my thoughts I remembered how weird she was being about paying for dinner, about how weird she was when I was asking for the bag.

She had sold the bag to buy me dinner.

"I'll call you back" I speak before ending the phone.

My heart aches right now, I had no idea why she would sell her favourite bag for some money just to buy me dinner. I looked up the store in front of me debating if I should go in or if I should confront her.